- Information Technology
- United Kingdom - Malmesbury Office
At Dyson, we demand the highest standard of performance from the technologies we engineer. Our people expect the same from the technology that supports them. We are a community that appreciates and advocates better engineering. A community of pioneers.
Dyson IT are mid-transformation. Our aim, to create robust IT architecture, to manage data effectively and efficiently and continue to grow our world-class team. A team who is strategic, enabling business acceleration, growth and success.
Dyson’s Global IT applications service has end to end accountability for the design, delivery and support of all business applications enabling Dysons global commercial, operational and enterprise business process. Forming a large proportion of the IT Function, the team are arranged into investment areas including Owner Experience & Retail, Supply Chain, Manufacturing, Finance & compliance and People and collaboration.
About the role
Reporting to the Senior Delivery Manager or Head of Application Development and operations, you will be responsible for:
- Leading a team of Delivery Leads (Agile Project Managers) to deliver technical solutions to support Dyson’s growth ambitions.
- Develop and maintain a rolling backlog across the Platform for Business and IT change, challenging benefit and priority where required.
- Working with Product Owners, Technical Architects and Operations to ensure the right solutions are developed and implemented successfully.
- Working with cross-functional teams within a software practice ensuring that the work fed into, and processed through the development scrum teams is of the right technical quality
- Partnering with the Project Management team on projects to ensure they are properly scheduled and resources assigned
- Collaborating with business teams to understand and deliver their application requirements, including maintaining and modifying existing applications along with creating new applications
- Ensuring that all applications are developed with Operations in mind, adhering to non-functional requirements such as performance or security
- Assist in identifying application weaknesses and recommend solutions that utilise the most efficient and current technologies to improve the application
- Collaborating to improve the effectiveness of our ways of working
- About you
- Dynamic, self-motivated with a desire to produce the best solution possible.
- Ability to learn quickly, and be flexible in the tasks and activities undertaken.
- Ability to deliver under pressure whilst showing attention to detail.
- Ability to show sensitivity to the wider cultural differences across Dyson globally.
- Ability to develop in-depth business knowledge and provide technical knowledge.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to think strategically.
- Outstanding interpersonal communication skills.
- Willing and able to travel globally for project work to Dyson’s locations if necessary.
- Results-driven and assertive.
- Able to guide and nurture business users.
- Scaled Agile Framework experience or other Agile scaling approach.
- Previous team management experience.
- Professional experience with one or more programming languages.
- Experience with large-scale web sites and applications.
- Strong troubleshooting and problem solving abilities.
- Anticipates project needs before they arise; prioritises multiple tasks effectively.
- Proactively seeks opportunities to broaden and deepen knowledge base and proficiencies.
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.