- Planning and Retail Operations
- United States - Chicago Office
Dyson is a global technology enterprise. We’re growing fast and our ambition is huge – more categories, more locations and more people. Dyson launched in the US in 2002, and since then operations have grown exponentially. Our US headquarters is based in Chicago's Fulton Market neighborhood. We also have employees working in field sales, our service centers, and in our growing number of Dyson Demo Store’s across the country.
About the role:
The Demand Planner will work in partnership with top customers, as well as with Dyson Sales, Supply Planning, Finance and Marketing, with a focus on improving customer forecast accuracy and ensuring proper replenishment of inventory. This position will develop collaborative relationships with retailer planning teams to ensure alignment on agreed upon plans and support the National Account and Demand Planning teams in creating account level sales and inventory forecasts.
MAIN ACCOUNTABILITIES AND SUPPORTING ACTIVITIES
Main responsibilities include forecasting, which includes base item forecasting, promotional forecasting, and event planning, weekly/monthly performance analysis, weekly CPFR and execution of an Integrated Planning process with the Retailer.
- Develop and execute assortment and promotional effectiveness analysis
- Support delivery of assigned budgets on monthly, quarterly and yearly basis
- Support execution of strategic plans for retailers, and products by developing and maintaining weekly CPFR, as well as an Integrated Planning process to align on longer term execution and deliver the annual plan
- Forecast at the account and product level as required
- Analyze weekly in-stock data and partner with account to identify and resolve stock out issues at chain and store level.
- Seek consensus and approval from internal stakeholders for proposed plans; negotiate with accounts to achieve company's best position
- Monitor retailer sales and inventories; assess risks and opportunities; communicate and implement best profit and high customer satisfaction solutions
Plan, develop, and manage relationships with retailers and internal Dyson teams, current and new.
- Represent Dyson to the Retailer; demonstrate exemplary execution of Dyson values with business partners.
- Seek out decision makers and influencers, to best manage the business. Create positive working relationships across all levels of the retailer and Dyson organizations.
- Comprehensive knowledge of your customers and the ability to communicate that knowledge, serving as the voice of the customer internally
- Support plans regarding distribution, merchandising, pricing, and product placement.
- Identify opportunities and related risks; assess situation and propose action
Contribute to the US Sales team.
- Serve as an active and high performing member of the team
- Partner with other team members to support new opportunities as they arise
- Be able to challenge self and others in accepting the norm, while working towards best practices
- Relish the opportunity to pick up new activities that fall broadly in the purpose of the role
- Think outside of the box, identifying opportunities for improvement
- Identify problems and find solutions
- Bachelor’s degree required, business major preferred
- 2-3 years in a Sr. Analyst role preferred
- Prior experience working with a sales function is a plus
- Prior Retail Planning experience, or experience working with a major US Retailer preferred
- Prior experience with CPFR and JBP processes strongly preferred
- Advanced knowledge/ proficiency in Microsoft Excel, and Outlook is required
- SAP experience is a plus
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects
- Shrewd-Ability to deliver projects in full, on time and to the highest quality
- Ingenious - An innovative yet objective thinker
- Attuned – ability to communicate with all levels of the organization with positive intent
At Dyson, how we reward you is linked to our high-performance culture. But it’s about more than salary and bonus. Through a package of financial, lifestyle and health benefits, we support whatever stage of life you’re in and the moments that matter.
- 401K with up to a 4% match
- Company paid Life Insurance and AD&D
- Flexible Savings Account (FSA) and Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Competitive Paid Time Off Benefits including Separate Holiday, Sick, and Vacation Time
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefits (applicable areas only)
- Generous Child Care Leave Program
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Generous Dyson Product Discounts
- Multi-Level Healthcare Coverage Options
- Vision & Dental Coverage
- Company paid Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
Dyson is committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live. If requested, we will provide reasonable accommodation during the recruitment process for persons with disabilities. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. Dyson is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.