- Supply Chain and Logistics
- Japan - Tokyo Office
Dyson is a global technology company on a mission to improve peoples’ lives; whether that be by engineering high performance technology to keep their floors and air clean – to patented beauty innovation to style their hair.
Dyson has a long history of innovation in Japan, from James Dyson’s first commercial vacuum cleaner (G-Force) to the latest Dyson V12 Detect Slim vacuum. Dyson leads the Japanese stick vacuum market – and has built a portfolio of innovation; from air care to hair care.
About the role
The Demand Planner oversees the monthly 18 months rolling Forecast creation of both Finished goods and Accessories and is responsible for the operational submission in compliance with the IBP process. The demand planner supports, challenges, and drives the quality of the forecast, key focus is to create the most realistic forecast possible, measured by forecast accuracy and bias (KPIs).
- Partners with other departments (particularly Sales, Marketing, Finance, Supply Chain -Inventory Planner and Management) when it comes to Forecast and Demand planning topics
- Acts as a liaison between the Market and the Global Forecast & Demand Planning Centre of Excellence on Demand signals and Process improvement
- Uses the Markets Commercial Planning, Management insights, NPD updates, Group Consensus Forecast and own insights to create and own the final Forecast to be submitted as part of IBP process
- Prepares and leads the demand review meetings, including the Final demand review meeting.
- Manages, challenges, and evaluates the assumptions for Forecast adjustments, promotional uplifts and NPD ramp up plans
- Capture and share the forecast insights, assumptions, and performance as part of the IBP cycle
- Performs Root Cause Analysis on the Forecast Accuracy and Bias performance, formulates and follows up on corrective and preventive actions
- Identifies and initiates improvements to the process of Forecast creation.
- Relish the opportunity to pick up new activities that fall broadly in the purpose of the role.
About You (Skills & Experiences)
- Firm understanding of different forecasting methodologies.
- Good understanding of different viewpoints within the Forecast creation process and ability to mediate and translate these into the best possible Forecast.
- Ability to effectively communicate and challenge assumptions with different functional areas and levels
- Taking ownership of the final Forecast and continuous improvement of the Forecast Accuracy and BiasStrong in data analytics
- Excellence communication skills
- Proven experience and passion in driving demand planning processes
- Management of a complex company’s ecosystems
- Fluent in English and Japanese.
- Forecasting software (Rapid Response, SAP APO, Oracle Demantra) experience preferred.
- BI software (Tableau, Power BI) experience preferred.
- SAP (S4HANA, CRM, BO) experience preferred
- Strong cross functional team skills
- Self-motivated, independent, dynamic
- Ability to communicate and to challenge at all levels of the business
- Business and results oriented
- Attention to details without losing bigger picture
- Ability to deliver under pressure and to tight deadlines
Example of Future career opportunities
- Demand Planning Manager
- Roles within SCM team or any relevant roles based on your interests
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.