- Supply Chain and Logistics
- Singapore - Singapore
Dyson is growing. Fast. More products. New categories. More visual communications. We are a creative technology company with a global and iconic identity. Our mission is simple: We solve problems others ignore with exciting new technologies which defy convention. Communicating our products’ superiority with brevity and presenting ourselves in the right way is essential to selling, protecting identity, and building our hard earned Reputation. And every touchpoint with our consumers contributes to the Dyson Experience, so each must reflect our values and philosophy. Perfectly.
The Demand Planning and IBP Manager oversees the monthly 18 months rolling Forecast creation and is responsible for the operational submission in compliance with the IBP process. Supports, challenges and drives the quality of the forecast, key focus is to create the most realistic forecast possible, measured by forecast accuracy and bias (KPIs). Implement Dyson IBP process methodology and guidelines in order to turn consistent FG and S&A Demand figures into Production plans.
About the role
- Partners with other departments within the Market (particularly Sales, Marketing, Finance, Supply Chain and Management) when it comes to Forecast and Demand planning topics
- Acts as a liaison between the Market and the Global Forecast & Demand Planning Centre of Excellence on the statistical baseline, short term Demand signals and Process improvement
- Uses the Markets Commercial Planning, Management insights, NPD updates, Group Consensus Forecast and own insights to create and own the final Forecast to be submitted as part of IBP process
- Prepares and leads the demand review meetings in the markets, including the Final demand review meeting where the MD signs of the demand plan
- Manages, challenges and evaluates the assumptions for Forecast adjustments, promotional uplifts and NPD ramp up plans
- Communicate business risks and opportunities proactively with related functions to drive corrective plan and actions.
- Capture and share the forecast insights, assumptions and performance as part of the IBP cycle
- Leading the IBP meetings at regional level
- Being the connection between regional demand and IBP process
- Performs Root Cause Analysis on the Forecast Accuracy and Bias performance, formulates and follows up on corrective and preventive actions
- Identifies and initiates improvements to the process of Forecast creation within Market and/or Region
- Adjusting and improves the forecast in Kinaxis bases on all the above tasks
About youSkills , Competencies & Experience
- Firm understanding of different (statistical) forecasting methodologies
- Good understanding of different viewpoints within the Forecast creation process and ability to mediate and translate these into the best possible Forecast
- Ability to effectively communicate and challenge assumptions with different functional areas and levels within the organisation
- Taking ownership of the final Forecast and continuous improvement of the Forecast Accuracy and Bias
- Demonstrated track record of Forecast creation, management and improvement
- 8 to 10 years of experience of (statistical) forecasting within fast moving MNCs
- Proven experience and passion in driving S&OP/IBP processes
- Strong in data analytics
- Excellence communication skills
- Business and results oriented
- Attention to details without losing bigger picture
- Ability to deliver under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Ability to communicate and to challenge at all levels of the business
- Self-motivated, independent, dynamic
- Strong cross functional team skills
- Critical mind-set
- Forecast Accuracy and Bias performance and improvements to meet or exceed the target
- Structural implementation of root cause analysis
- Effectively bridge the different functionalities and viewpoints
BenefitsDyson Singapore monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.