- United Kingdom - London Oxford Street Demo Store
Dyson have an ambitious expansion plan to evolve to a model where 80% of sales are through direct & controlled channels by 2020, to do this we are growing our Retail estate. Dyson Retail is Different, for a number of reasons. Firstly, this is a firm of expert engineers, offering people the chance to connect with technology in store, including a world-class styling experience. We are delivering a high service experience for our shoppers – think 5-star hotel levels of service – demonstrating the value of the technology and providing aftersales care. Our aim is to support owners in getting the best out of their Dyson technology. This is a new retail concept in a fundamentally entrepreneurial, start-up feeling business. This means that everyone in-store needs to be prepared to do anything and everything required running the business and providing the best customer experience.
Our Deputy Store Manager will play a key role in leading a team of experts and stylists and will report to the Store Manager. You will deliver outstanding customer experiences that fascinate shoppers through the presentation and demonstration of our machines. Alongside the Store Manager you will work with Category Managers, Finance Analysts, Retail Marketing, HR, and Group Retail, to plan, organise and oversee approaches used by the in-store teams. A large focus of your role will be managing and maintaining the back of house
operations including inventory and stock management. You will recognise performance needs that need to be addressed and consistently developed.
About The Role
- As a strong people manager, you know how to build, train, and lead a team. Behind the scenes, you will oversee the operations including inventory and visual merchandising.
- Jointly with the Store Manager you will monitor key metrics from traffic generated, to demos delivered, to units sold, to customer feedback. You will report results and recommend relevant actions to Store Manager, Experts and Stylists.
- Lead, inspire and challenge a team to deliver business growth for store, through great coaching and development
- Run the operational back end of the Demo store, building relationships with the Logistics and Profit Protection teams to organise and maintain regular stock deliveries, as well as overseeing returns procedures and being accountable for shrinkage rate alongside the Store Manager.
- Work closely with Group Retail and local category teams to create demonstrations and experiences that are suitable for the local market
- Manage a clear Retail Activations calendar, working closely with the implementation teams at both a market and group level.
- Use data and insights to build realistic forecasts across the year and be comfortable discussing expectations with senior stakeholders.
- Create unique services that enhance reasons to buy directly from our store
- Ensure that we have the right level of service and drive an audience first approach, by enhancing personalisation, “VIP” experiences and new propositions
- Create events and promotional programs using CRM, social and influencer platforms
- Launching new products and service to market
- Continually review results, establish clear measures, sharing insights and revise as needed to drive performance
- Lead by example and support your team to deliver an environment for our products to come alive, be an expert in the technology space
- Deliver a sustainable retail platform that is efficient, ever evolving and that exceeds our customer’s expectations, whilst balancing this with a safe, compliant, and cost controlled culture
- Build a strong operating platform that ensures great availability for customers, whilst also monitoring waste and reductions to protect loss
- Continuously building product knowledge and keep updated of any product developments and supporting the store team to do so
- Be the brand guardian, ensuring your team understand what needs to be delivered and how
- Proven experience of leading, motivating and developing in a premium retail environment
- Proven experience of store management/leadership
- Proven experience in running the day to day operations of a store
- Proven experience in stock management
- Proven ability communicating with, challenging, and influencing senior stakeholders
- Ideally understand the beauty industry
- A firm understanding of all Microsoft office platforms
- Knowledge of SAP systems is advantageous
- Work in a collaborative style with a passion to deliver a 5-star customer experience while driving commercial results
- Track record for creating innovative solutions that solve problems and/or challenge convention
- An advanced understanding of in-store operations, managing work schedules, stock management, compliance, health and safety, security, and all day to day requirements of running a store
- Demonstrates integrity in all their decisions and actions
- Ability to work flexibly to the business needs
- Excellent communication skills
- Proven ability to simplify the complex
- Strong influencing skills / building relationships
- Creative and innovative – able to think differently
- Have a passion for developing individuals
- Has an ability to shape long term plans into short term tactical steps
- Uses a combination of data, insights and logic in decision making and proven ability to think long term
- Passionate about delivering perfect brand and product experiences
- Pro-active – prepared with solutions and anticipating problems
- Organized and deadline orientated
- Sense of ownership – committed to the delivery of projects
- The ability to inspire and challenge
- Role is based at Oxford Street London
- Hours of work are 5 days over 7 on a shift pattern
- Performance related bonus
- Company paid Life Insurance
- Discounts on Dyson machines
- Competitive pension scheme
- 27 days holiday plus statutory bank holidays
- Private Medical insurance
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.