- SGD Competitive Salary
- Mechanical Engineering, Product Design
- Singapore - Singapore
- Design and develop solutions, mainly in plastic, rubber and metal parts
- Cross team work with tooling, validation, material, performance team to assess the design component.
- To generate input for DFMEA, PFMEA via limit rig testing.
- Design for Manufacturing – such as generate Poke Yoke feature, tolerance stacking.
- To perform p art approval process, including spray painted part.
- To buy off test rig, production jig setup
- Report design status and brief development time plan.
- Apply innovative problem solving skills to help meet or exceed the requirements of our products
- Deliver design solutions that ensure safety and reliability of our products
- Be able to communicate clearly and effectively the results and project status between all relevant teams
- Be responsible for delivering parts, assemblies and systems from concept and proof of principle through to developed prototypes and production.
- Develop 3D CAD, engineering drawings and tolerance stacks for mechanical and electrical components and assemblies along with test rigs and assembly jigs.
- Deliver designs, concepts and detailed ideas that are optimised for low cost, high volume manufacturing
- Understand and apply engineering analysis tools such as FEA and hand calculations to develop concepts and validate designs.
- Work closely with the other engineering disciplines to ensure that the product performance, reliability and cost expectations are met, all within the planned timeline of the project.
- Design Engineer with up to 5 years of experience
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Product design background will be advantage.
- Able to do hand sketch.
- Able to work independently.
- Possess knowledge of injection moulding and metal stamping will be advantage.
- CAD experience ( NX, solidwork or autocad )
- Able to travel in short notice if require
- Good in communication and presentation skill.
- Creative and love to think out of the box
BenefitsDyson Singapore monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.