- Mechanical Engineering
- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
About the roleWe are looking for Mechanical / Design Engineers to join the RDD Global Floorcare category, where you will be a key part of the development team designing solutions for market leading cord-free and robot vacuum cleaners.
You will be part of a multi-disciplined team working on electro-mechanical systems including motors, drives, sensors and energy storage. Striving to solve problems for people globally and design for a diverse range of user needs and home environments. Designing and building prototypes to demonstrate new technology, intuitive features and performance gains. Our approach enables us to trial and review designs quickly to deliver authentic, different and pioneering products.
- Working alongside RDD teams to produce exciting and disruptive products on specification, cost and time.
- Develop innovative & novel powertrain and mechanism concepts with high value Intellectual property.
- Collaborate with power systems and electronic teams to integrate motor, sensor, optical and energy storage systems into our cutting-edge technologies.
- Take an active, hands-on role to ensure that all engineering problems are resolved thoroughly.
- Assessing technical risk, defining development plans and reporting against project delivery.
- Ownership of design, build and testing of prototypes to demonstrate technologies, features and performance.
- Create and perform investigative verification and validation tests throughout all development phases.
- Influence technology and product development roadmaps through strategic supplier relationships.
- Communicate and influence across all disciplines and levels.
- Challenge and develop Dyson engineering practices to continuously improve design quality
About youQualifications & Experience
• A degree in Mechanical Engineering / Design Engineering / Product Design or equivalent.
• Practical knowledge of 3D CAD and simulation packages.
• Experience of designing parts and assemblies for mass manufacture within an electro-mechanical environment
• Sound understanding of fundamental engineering and scientific principles.
• Creative problem solver with the ability to multitask in a rapidly changing environment.
• A good understanding of mechanisms and awareness of the application of electrical & electronic principles.
• Ability to generate and communicate ideas through a variety of media platforms.
• Analytical and logical mindset with a high attention to detail.
• Champion great design to produce products that meet all performance and functional requirements.
• Managing, tracking and mitigating technical risk.
• Plan effectively in an organised manner when working with a variety of project teams, in an often high- pressure, competitive environment.
• Use advanced statistical tools & analysis software, devise lab-based measurement techniques and test methods to influence design direction.
• 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
• Pension scheme
• Performance related bonus
• Private medical insurance
• Life assurance
• Sport centre
• Free on-site parking
• Subsidised café and restaurants
• Discounts on Dyson machines #LI-DYSON
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.