- Design and Development
- Malaysia - Development Centre
Dyson began twenty one years ago with James Dyson and a handful of engineers questioning everyday products, thinking differently and making them better. We are now the world's number one vacuum cleaner manufacturer in the UK, US, Japan, Europe and Australasia.
About the role
- Be part of the research, design, and development of Dyson new products from the evaluation of new technologies (electrical integration) till the implementation of the final product.
- Responsible for the electrical design, mechanical design, engineering, test and installation support of wiring harness. Products will include connector selection, wire gauge sizing, harness assembly drawings and parts lists.
- Work closely with Compliance & Approval team in ensure Wirings (Power cord and internal harnesses) are compliance with multiple countries standards and regulation.
- Collaborate with wide verity of engineers and specialist from all technical discipline for Cable Harness Integration to meet product specifications and processes incorporating low-cost, high-volume manufacturing techniques.
- Responsible for the 3D CAD, design requirements, drawing from concept through to design frozen and complete.
- Liaise with the suppliers to develop tailored designs to gain technical advantage in new products.
- Conduct functional and continuity test of wire harness and cable assemblies to validate designs through the development process backed up with lab-based testing / characterisation / validation through appropriate test methods.
- Take an active, hands-on role to ensure that all engineering problems are resolved thoroughly. Routes, wires and participate in building a functional prototype during early stage of development.
- Analyse test results, summarise, and communicate these through both technical and non-technical colleagues.
- Challenge and develop Dyson engineering practices to continuously improve design quality.
- Establish regular communication with global RDD team to ensure accurate hand over of task and active participation in design review including with executives.
- Ability to set a clear level-3 planning on the part/assembly key accountability to meet project time plan (i.e. defining plans, monitoring progress and reporting to management on the technical risks).
Key Skills / Experience required
- Candidate must possess at least a bachelor’s degree, Post Graduate Diploma or Professional Degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Electro-Mechanical or Mechatronics).
- Knowledge of basic electrical & electronic engineering principle and SW/HW development process.
- Knowledge of part design and understanding in material selection in plastic, steel, and rubber.
- Experience in set requirements, EMI/EMC implementation in cables, equipment performance specs, wire connection lists, schematics, wire gauge sizing, connector selection and related cabling and harnessing documentation
- Good knowledge of international standards and compliance requirement for Class II product
- Knowledge/work experience in at least one of the direct involvements in plastic part design, cable extrusion tooling, plastic injection moulding process, assembly process, tolerance analysis, statistical process control, experience of mechatronics and control system design.
- Ability to applied 3D CAD and engineering drawings for mechanical and assemblies for electrical routing.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Good interpersonal and project handling skills.
- Proactive, self-starter and able to work independently.
- Ability to trouble shooting and problem solving (Root Cause Analysis).
Additional Skills Advantages
- Good experience in home appliances of product R&D, familiar with product development processes and best practice.
- Good working knowledge of 3D CAD (preferably Unigraphics) and technical drawing.
- Understanding of manufacturing project planning, scheduling, resource management and quality functions.
- Demonstrated experience in electrical/mechanical design engineering, including wire harness/cable design and electronic equipment interfacing
- Knowledge of statistical techniques and ability to interpret testing/results data. Black Belt certified is advantages.
Dyson Malaysia monitors the market to ensure we offer competitive salaries, management bonuses and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy generous leave and medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are only the start of a career at Dyson. Leadership support and new opportunities abound, driven by regular dialogue and international training. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to progress, innovation and realising ambition.
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.