- Design and Development
- Singapore - Technology Centre
As a Design Engineer in the Electrical Integration team you will be challenged to develop innovative design solutions and solve engineering problems that ensure our next generation of Haircare products meet all performance and functional criteria within demanding project timescales. Our electrical integration team specialises in robust integration of electrical elements of our hair care products, this includes battery, PCB, cable harnesses and electrical connectors etc.
About the role
- Design Engineers will be expected to:
- Deliver parts to production on time, cost and to specification
- Produce functional prototype products suitable for testing, review and demonstration
- Develop detailed specifications and design requirements
- Develop tests to replicate anticipated usage and optimise products to be robust and high performing
- Perform analysis on test failures and develop efficient solutions
- A degree in Mechanical Engineering discipline or equivalent with relevant professional experience
- A creative and considered approach to problem solving, following clear design processes
- Practical and methodical design development expertise through prototyping and testing
- Knowledge and understanding of a broad range of engineering and technological disciplines
- Proven examples of developing a technically challenging design
- Experience working in a 3D CAD design environment
- The skills to communicate your ideas to others within your team
- A demonstrable desire to constantly improve yourself
- Ability to plan, prioritise and co-ordinate your own time
- Knowledge and understanding of multiple manufacturing techniques
- Experience in mechanical and electrical integration design would be advantageous.
Dyson Singapore monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.