- Design and Development
- Malaysia - Development Centre
Dyson began twenty one years ago with James Dyson and a handful of engineers questioning everyday products, thinking differently and making them better. We are now the world's number one vacuum cleaner manufacturer in the UK, US, Japan, Europe and Australasia.
We've even branched out to improving commercial technology that frustrates us. The Dyson Airblade hand dryer dries hands in ten seconds, it’s also the most hygienic and energy efficient hand dryer available. And more recently a fan, Air Multiplier, with no blades or grille.
There are over 4000 in the world and we’re all inventive and hugely passionate about what we do. At our Development Centre in Johor Bahru, Malaysia & Singapore there are almost 1600 of us, a mixture of engineers and support staff, we are Dyson people that are encouraged to think differently, challenge convention and be unafraid to make mistakes. Our teams there will rise to more than 2000 over the next 2 years.
About the role:
- Ensure products are delivered on time, meet specification and cost.
- Work with multi sites engineers to achieve targeted goal within given time scale.
- Responsible for the 3D CAD, design requirements, drawing of mechanical components from concept through to design frozen and complete.
- Take an active, hands-on role to ensure that all engineering problems are resolved thoroughly.
- Analyse test results, summarise and communicate these through colleagues both technical and non-technical.
- Challenge and develop Dyson engineering practices to continuously improve design quality.
- Collaboration with manufacturing, quality as well as contract manufacturer teams and provides support to the manufacturing related activities to ensure high quality products are delivered to end customers.
- A Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Mechatronics
- At least 1 years of experience working in design, implementation and testing of sensors such as magnetic, vibration and pressure sensing, range finding and image sensors.
- Knowledge in Unigraphics CAD design
- Good analytical skills
- Able to work independently
- Knowledge in software programming will be added advantage
- Good communicating skills and especially in English speaking. (Will required to work closely with UK counterpart.)
Dyson Malaysia monitors the market to ensure we offer competitive salaries, management bonuses and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy generous leave and medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are only the start of a career at Dyson. Leadership support and new opportunities abound, driven by regular dialogue and international training. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to progress, innovation and realising ambition.
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.