- Design and Development
- Malaysia - Development Centre
At Dyson, we are encouraged to think differently, challenge convention and be unafraid to make mistakes. Were creative, collaborative, practical and enthusiastic. But most of all were hugely passionate about what we do. Dyson offers a unique opportunity for talented individuals to invent, design and develop market leading products for the global market. By working in our world-class research, design and development (RDD) department, these individuals have the opportunity to work alongside leading technical specialists and highly motivated creative people to create products which fulfill our ambition of being truly different and better than our competitors.
About the role
- Responsible for delivering projects within discipline as a key contributor of a team, covering Requirements, Specifications, Risks and Issues.
- Be responsible for delivering parts, assemblies and systems from concept and proof of principle through to developed prototypes and production.
- Develop 3D CAD for wire harnesses, grommet and connectors.
- Involves mechanical design and validation for battery charger.
- Prepare engineering drawings and tolerance stacks for wire harnesses and battery chargers.
- Design and develop solutions for wiring connections.
- Work closely with the other engineering disciplines to ensure that the product performance, reliability and cost expectations are met, all within the planned timeline of the project.
- To work closely with cross-teams such as procurement, manufacturing, tooling, validation, material, performance, safety and quality
- To generate input for DFMEA, PFMEA via limit rig testing.
- Design for Manufacturing, Assembly and Excellence
- A degree in Electrical/Electronic or Mechanical Engineering discipline or equivalent with relevant professional experience
- Minimum of 1 year experience in a Mechanical/Electronic Design environment
- Consumer product design background with knowledge in mechanical and electrical/electronic integration will be advantageous.
- Working knowledge of 3D CAD (preferably NX) and technical drawing
- Good Communication skills. Fluent in spoken and written English. Able to reduce complex work into clear and concise presentations for key decision making.
- Understanding of prototyping and product verification testing.
- Ability to plan, prioritise and co-ordinate your own time
- Good problem solving and analytical skills
- Self starter, energetic, keen to learn, able to work independently
Dyson Malaysia monitors the market to ensure we offer competitive salaries, management bonuses and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy generous leave and medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are only the start of a career at Dyson. Leadership support and new opportunities abound, driven by regular dialogue and international training. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to progress, innovation and realising ambition.
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.