- Design and Development
- Singapore - Technology Centre
Dyson offers a unique opportunity for talented individuals to design and develop market leading products for the global market. By working in our world class Research Design and Development department, these individuals have the opportunity to work alongside leading technical specialists and highly motivated creative people, to create products which fulfill our ambition of being truly different and better than our competitors.
In order to do this, our Design Engineers are challenged to develop products that meet or exceed the technical specification, cost and time requirements set. Design Engineers are expected to drive for results using a flexible, challenging and diligent approach.
About the role
- Deliver product design & assemblies to production on time, cost and to specification (functionality, reliability, safety & performance) helping the business accomplish its goals.
- To achieve common goals as part of a team.
- Regularly participate & contribute in design & technical reviews with technical Leads & Engineering Managers.
- Develop detailed specifications and design requirements for interdependent system.
- Identify and design test requirements to replicate anticipated usage and optimize products to be robust and high performing. Develop strategies to gather the required data for target setting.
- Build functional prototype products suitable for testing, review and demonstration
- Perform and review analysis on test failures and develop efficient solution.
- Collaborate and communicate with other Design Functional Owners, System Owners and Global Operation Team to ensure effective and timely inputs.
- A degree in a Mechanical Engineering or Science discipline or equivalent
- 2+ years of experience in design (plastic, rubber or metal) and product development with good track record with DFM, DFA considerations.
- Able to operate in a dynamic team or work as an excellent individual contributor delivering product to production meeting time, cost and specification.
- Practical knowledge of 3D CAD and 2D drawings including GD&T and tolerance stack.
- Practical and methodical approach to design using an iterative development cycle of prototyping, testing and analyzing of data/result.
- Creative and considered approach to problem solving, following clear design processes
- Skills to communicate your ideas to others within your team and across the business
- Passion in engineering with desire to constantly improve.
- Knowledgeable and understanding of a broad range of engineering and technological disciplines such as flow, thermals, acoustic and electronics will be an advantage.
- Good understanding of a broad range of manufacturing techniques and standard industrial measurement methods.
Dyson monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.