- Design and Development
- United Kingdom - Hullavington Office
At Dyson we are encouraged to think differently, challenge convention and be unafraid to make mistakes. We’re creative, collaborative, practical and enthusiastic. But most of all we’re hugely passionate about what we do.
Dyson offers a unique opportunity for talented individuals to invent, design and develop market leading products for the global market. By working in our world-class research, design and development (RDD) department, these individuals have the opportunity to work alongside leading technical specialists and highly motivated creative people to create products which fulfil our ambition of being truly different and better than our competitors.
About the role
We are looking for Design Engineers to join the RDD Global Environmental Care category. You will be a key part of the development for our air treatment and air delivery teams with a great knowledge of design for manufacture.
As part of a multi-disciplined team you will strive to solve problems for people globally and design for a diverse range of user needs and home environments. Designing and building prototypes to demonstrate new technology, intuitive features and performance gains. Our approach enables us to trial and review designs quickly to deliver authentic, different and pioneering products.
We are encouraged to think differently, be unafraid to make mistakes and get hands on to prove our technology from concept to manufacture. By joining our world class Research Design and Development department, you will work alongside other leading technical specialists and highly motivated creative people.
• Ownership of design, build and testing of prototypes to demonstrate technologies, features and performance
• Working alongside RDD teams to produce exciting and disruptive products on specification, cost and time.
• Collaborate with multiple support teams to integrate electro/mechanical systems into our cutting-edge technologies.
• Take an active, hands-on role to ensure that all engineering problems are resolved thoroughly.
• Assessing technical risk, defining development plans and reporting against project delivery.
• Create and perform investigative verification and validation tests throughout all development phases.
• Influence technology and product development roadmaps through strategic supplier relationships.
• Communicate and influence across all disciplines and levels.
• Challenge and develop Dyson engineering practices to continuously improve design quality.
• A degree in Design Engineering, Product Design, Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
• Practical knowledge of 3D CAD, design and simulation packages.
• Experience of designing parts and assemblies for mass manufacture.
• Sound understanding of fundamental engineering and scientific principles.
• Creative problem solver with the ability to multitask in a rapidly changing environment.
• A good understanding of mechanisms and awareness of the application of electrical & electronic principles.
• Ability to generate and communicate ideas through a variety of means including concept sketches and prototypes.
• Analytical and logical mindset with a high attention to detail.
• Champion great design to produce products that meet all performance and functional requirements.
• Managing, tracking and mitigating technical risk.
• Plan effectively in an organised manner when working with a variety of project teams, in an often high-pressure, competitive environment.
• Use advanced statistical tools & analysis software, devise lab-based measurement techniques and test methods to influence design direction.
Performance related bonus
Company paid Life Insurance
Discounts on Dyson machines
Competitive pension scheme
Flexible benefits programme with a growing range of voluntary benefits, including the ability to purchase additional holidays
27 days holiday plus statutory bank holidays
Free bus travel to and from Malmesbury campus from Bristol, Chippenham and Swindon
Free on-site parking
Subsidized café providing endless free coffee and tea, and a free lunch
Private Medical insurance for all employees
Employee Assistance Program for employee and dependents
Digital GP and prescription service
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.