- Design and Development
- Malaysia - Development Centre
Dyson began twenty one years ago with James Dyson and a handful of engineers questioning everyday products, thinking differently and making them better. We are now the world's number one vacuum cleaner manufacturer in the UK, US, Japan, Europe and Australasia.
We've even branched out to improving commercial technology that frustrates us. The Dyson Airblade hand dryer dries hands in ten seconds, it’s also the most hygienic and energy efficient hand dryer available. And more recently a fan, Air Multiplier, with no blades or grille.
About the role
Design Engineer (Sustaining)
Dyson creates products that differentiate on the basis of technical leadership and innovation. This is baked into our product development process, ensuring that only world class products make it into production. We push the boundaries of what others have defined as possible. Our approach starts with an engineering mindset and different thinking. Then we continuously refine our ideas – unwilling to compromise and driven by an obsession for finding a better way.
After production begins, we expect to continually refine and improve our product and offerings, ensuring that we identify, review and respond to market feedback. Our sustaining team provide the Design Engineering capability and resources to manage, improve, maintain and expand our multi-category portfolio of current production products. Through this approach we maintain and expand our competitive advantage after product launch.
The Design Engineer (Sustaining) role is expected to contribute his / her design engineering capability and collaborate with internal team as well as different cross functional departments globally, although this role will mainly be based in Philippine.
Define plans, monitor progress and report to management on technical risks.
He / she is expected to deal with different kind of challenging problems, taking the responsibility to develop design solution with a good technical justification and provide engineering deliverable (e.g. 8D reports, prototyping, testing & Analyse the result, engineering CAD & drawings, part approval reports, etc.).
Qualifying a finish goods from new contract manufacturer down to component level from a new source through Dyson core engineering process and systematic approach.
In line with the business expansion, our Design Engineer (Sustaining) is required to provide engineering deliverables in order to diversify our product variants and portfolio, as well as delivering a cost-effective design through the systematic value analysis and value engineering approach.
- A degree in a relevant engineering or science discipline or equivalent
- Sound understanding of basic mechanical/product design principles and the development of products and technologies through prototyping and testing
- Ability to plan, prioritise and co-ordinate with work of others
- Technical and personal credibility to work effectively in cross-functional design teams throughout the project development cycle.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of multiple tooling and manufacturing techniques.
- Proven experience of delivering creative design solutions that improve upon existing product designs
- A creative and considered approach to problem solving, following clear design processes.
- Practical and methodical design development through hands on rig building, prototyping and testing.
- Ability to plan ahead, prioritise tasks and coordinate with the work of others.
- Data Science or Statistical Tools (Design for 6 sigma, Pareto, DOE, etc.)
- Problem Solving Tools (8D, P Diagram, Fishbone, etc.)
- System Engineering
- 3D Modelling and engineering drawing tools (CAD)
Dyson Malaysia monitors the market to ensure we offer competitive salaries, management bonuses and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy generous leave and medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are only the start of a career at Dyson. Leadership support and new opportunities abound, driven by regular dialogue and international training. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to progress, innovation and realising ambition.
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.