- Design and Development
- Malaysia - Development Centre
Dyson began twenty one years ago with James Dyson and a handful of engineers questioning everyday products, thinking differently and making them better. We are now the world's number one vacuum cleaner manufacturer in the UK, US, Japan, Europe and Australasia.
About the role
Responsible as a Design Engineer for supporting the delivery of resolutions to problems using prescribed guidelines and procedures with a good knowledge of own discipline and/or supporting the execution of small to medium, low complex projects.
- Create/implement great technology to produce high quality reliable products that meet all performance and functional criteria
- Involved in continuous improvement and development of experimental techniques and design methodologies, to further enhance the capability of their team and company as a whole.
- Ensure the safety and reliability of all Company products
- Work with RDD teams to create/integrate & develop new technology research into the final design
- Take an active role to ensure that all engineering problems are resolved thoroughly & validated through appropriate test methods
- Use established Company methodology, good engineering practice & discipline to deliver robust design solutions in agreed timeframe
- Maintain supporting documentation to ensure accurate handovers
- Communicate between all relevant teams to ensure effective & timely input - these may be external as well as internal teams
- Prepare for design/Research reviews & participate in as required
- Mentor graduates/new team members
- Own/contribute to team/dept level initiatives & change projects
- Capable of experiment validation, results analysis and confident communication to other member of their project team, ensuring all work is appropriately documented.
- Provide design advice and guidance to design managers and product teams, taking an active role and responsibility for their areas of expertise.
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with design engineers at all levels, including the relevant technical teams globally.
- Work closely with the other engineering disciplines to ensure that the product performance, safety, reliability and cost expectations are met, all within the planned project timeline.
- Help make informed decisions by interpreting complex data to drive direction.
- Degree or Master in Mechanical or Mechatronic Engineering.
- Has knowledge of Design and Manufacturing discipline and continues to develop higher level of knowledge & skill within the role
- Member of a team taking a hands on role to help meet or exceed the requirements of our products
- Typically analyses solutions using established approaches
- Receives moderate level of guidance and supervision but should have the ability to plan and generate their own work in order to meet project and design goals.
- Relevant experience of product R&D
- Sound understanding of basic physical principles and the development of products and technologies through prototyping and testing
- Proven ability to communicate through a variety of media
- Ability to plan, prioritise and co-ordinate with work of others
- Excellent communication, problem solving and analytical skills
- Expected to take a proactive approach to problem solving skills
- Excellent team-working skills, capable of keeping all relevant parties in the loop on the status of projects and workload.
- Coaching skills to foster the development of graduates and undergraduates in their project team
Dyson Malaysia monitors the market to ensure we offer competitive salaries, management bonuses and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy generous leave and medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are only the start of a career at Dyson. Leadership support and new opportunities abound, driven by regular dialogue and international training. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to progress, innovation and realising ambition.
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.