- Design and Development
- Singapore - Technology Centre
Dyson is a global technology enterprise. We solve the problems others choose to ignore, with surprising new inventions that defy convention and simply work better. We’re driven by progress and thrive on the challenge of relentless improvement. We’re growing fast and our ambition is huge – more categories, more locations and more people.
Power Systems is a global function that designs and develops Dyson’s internal technologies that enable most of our products. The team has experts in wide range of areas such as electromagnetic, mechanical, electrical, control algorithm, software, and project management. Motor Drives and Advanced Control (MDAC) within Power Systems is responsible for the motor control, electromagnetic design, system control, EOL production solution, software, and verifications. With over 100 experts globally, our team works from early development through to the production of our designs.
About the role
Reporting to the Head of Programme Management, you will drive Power Systems projects, leading a multi-disciplinary team of engineers who are developing new technologies and components that will be an instrumental part of Dyson's next generation products. You will be accountable for project delivery and reaching milestones within set timeline, cost, specification and quality.
- Lead communication with all stakeholders acting as a first technical point of contact for the project
- Communicate between teams within the research and development organisations to ensure effective and timely input; resolve conflicts and lead technical solutions
- Alongside the project manager, organise regular progress meetings with all stakeholders (Engineering, Category, Operations, and Service teams). Including chairing technical reviews and representing engineering in RDD phase reviews and milestones with senior leadership team.
- Partner with the Project Manager to define level 0-2 plans and ensuring their delivery through prioritisation and escalation of unresolved conflicts.
- Drive and follow-up the execution of the development plans in conjunction with the project manager, resolving or escalates problems timely.
- Set project technical direction and define the project team setup in conjunction with the project manager and engineering/technical leads detailing the makeup of the team to achieve the project.
- Break down major requirements in to smaller cross-functional features and prioritise with stakeholders.
- Degree in a relevant Engineering discipline or equivalent
- Demonstrated experience in an engineering and manufacturing industry designing and delivering products through a cross functional team network
- Proven experience and successful track record of delivering robust design solutions on time, to specification and within cost and budget constraints.
- Full design cycle experience - has played a key role in projects from early concept to start of production, global experience of site-to-site project transfers
- Significant experience of interacting and building relationships with senior stakeholders
- Ability to see the "bigger picture" of the technology and platform as a whole, whilst also being able to go into the details when required to do so.
- Ability and credibility to motivate teams, strong influencing skills and leading with and without formal power and line authority.
- Excel at working with multiple stakeholders in a global organisation whilst keeping technology highly confidential.
- Technical and personal credibility to work effectively in cross-functional design teams throughout the project development cycle.
- Strong conflict resolution skills (assertiveness, active listening, empathy...)
- Excellent presentation, networking and communication skills. Comfortable and used to present to senior leaders within the business.
Dyson Singapore monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.