- Design and Development
- Singapore - Technology Centre
Dyson is looking for a Design Modeller to join the Design & product experience team in Singapore. As a Design modeller you will be responsible for producing product models for Dyson’s entire product portfolio across all categories. You will be highly knowledgeable of product model making, using workshop, and prototyping equipment and experienced in paint colour development.
You will have exclusive use of a customised workshop packed with equipment and a brand-new spray facility to produce these high-quality visual models and working prototypes.
About the role
How the role can help you develop
We can help you develop a wide range of hands-on model making skills such as:
- Using a variety of complex paint systems with our brand-new spray facility
- Operating various types of manual workshop equipment such as band saw, disk sander, pillar drill, lathe, and mill.
- Advance batch prototyping techniques such as vacuum forming and vacuum casting, making masters, moulds, and casting
- Programming, running, and challenging the capabilities of 3 and 4 axis CNC mills, CNC lathe, laser cutter and the latest generation of 3D printers.
- Ability to hand fabricates high precision parts using a variety of engineering materials and rapid prototype materials
- Hand constructing a range of challenging textile prototypes using a variety of fabricating methods
- Work from various job request starting points such as sketches, verbal instruction, and engineering drawings.
- Ability to effectively communicate and converse with the product innovation and technology research teams.
- Develop clear, efficient, and logical approaches to work.
- There is room for career progression in an ever-changing company in our ambitious team.
How the role can challenge you
- We can broaden your model making skills by merging them with our expert engineering talents to creating visual working prototypes by:
- Developing your experience of basic electronics such as use of Arduino, wiring and soldering techniques
- Having opportunities to attend onsite and offsite technical workshops
- Using a variety of CAD packages such as Unigraphics NX, Rhino, Auto CAD and Mayka
- Working closely with mechanical engineers to help develop and explore visual models with moving parts
- Working closely with design engineers to create and improve interactive visual models including use of screens and LED lighting
- Degree in model making, product design (with model making module) or equivalent experience.
- 2 years’ Experience in model making
- Excellent communicator with the ability to clearly present ideas both verbally and visually.
- Mandarin language skills are preferred but not required.
- Our ideal teammate will have a keen eye for detail, enjoy the technical side of model making and seeking to be a proactive member of the team who will offer practical ideas and solutions for challenging problems. Our new teammate will have the ability to pre-empt problems and seize opportunities and be consistent in the delivery of work.
We are a close-knit team working at the heart of product innovation through to the end of production. We work in a brand-new state of the art facility customised for our unique role. We work closely with design engineers across a wide range of products pushing boundaries in a fast pace environment.
Dyson Singapore monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.