- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
Showcasing the cutting-edge robotic technologies of the future involves bringing together talented people who share common ambitious goals and visions, rethinking problems and framing them properly, utilising the right tools and resources, and doing all of this at the right time. That’s our goal: to build a world class robotics team with a focused vision of robots solving concrete problems in the real world.
We want to create a team that is able to work alongside our roboticists to develop innovative software systems that turn theory into practice. It is this culture of ambition and excellence paired with an enjoyable and healthy work-life balance that makes Dyson different! It’s a place to unleash your passion, talent, ideas and show what robots can do for the world.Dyson’s Robotics Research Software Team specialises in creating early stage proof-of-concept systems that utilise state-of-the-art software algorithms, frameworks, techniques, and tooling. We need DevOps practitioners that are up for the challenge of improving our software quality on embedded devices up to the cloud.
- Lead and develop a high-performance DevOps culture within Robotics research by: advocating software best-practices, mentoring junior software developers, and championing the use of state-of-the-art software methodologies and tools across the wider robotics research team.
- Design and implement CI/CD workflows for our research software stack; ensuring that our software can be deployed to both simulated and real-world robots.
- Help drive up the quality of our software by establishing rigorous testing: from individual components to fully integrated systems.
- A BSc. or Masters in an engineering discipline or industrial experience.
- Sound knowledge and experience in Linux System and open-source software.
- Experience with tools for continuous integration and delivery – e.g. gitlab, Bamboo, and Artifactory.
- Experience with build systems: autotools, cmake, bitbake …
- Experience in Linux customization: Yocto.
- Experience with systems-level benchmarking and profiling.
- Good understanding of the software lifecycle.