- Information Technology
- United Kingdom - Malmesbury Office
At Dyson, we demand the highest standard of performance from the technologies we engineer. Our people expect the same from the technology that supports them. We are a community that appreciates and advocates better engineering. A community of pioneers.
Dyson IT are mid-transformation. Our aim, to create robust IT architecture, to manage data effectively and efficiently and continue to grow our world-class team. A team who is strategic, enabling business acceleration, growth and success.
Dyson’s Global IT applications service has end to end accountability for the design, delivery and support of all business applications enabling Dysons global commercial, operational and enterprise business process. Forming a large proportion of the IT Function, the team are arranged into investment areas including Owner Experience & Retail, Supply Chain, Manufacturing, Finance & compliance and People and collaboration.
DevOps in Dyson aims to shorten our SDLC and create CI/CD capability across all platforms. Through investment of time and resources, we will improve our culture and refine, or replace, our processes that combine software development and IT operations to deliver fantastic outcomes.
About the role
- Reporting to the Head of Application Development, you will be responsible for:
- Leading a team of DevOps specialists to own and manage technical solutions to support Dyson’s various platforms.
- Ensure we have strategy, technology roadmaps and processes across all platforms to drive understanding and collaboration.
- Perform the role of Lead DevOps Technical Product Owner and, through your team, develop and maintain backlogs across the Platforms for IT change.
- Working with Development Leads, Technical Architects, Security and Operations to ensure the right solutions are developed and implemented successfully.
- Working with cross-functional teams within a software practice ensuring that the work fed into, and processed through the development scrum teams is of the right technical quality.
- Other duties as assigned
- Dynamic, self-motivated with a desire to produce the best solution possible
- Ability to learn quickly, and be flexible in the tasks and activities undertaken
- Ability to deliver under pressure whilst showing attention to detail
- Ability to show sensitivity to the wider cultural differences across Dyson globally
- Ability to develop in-depth business knowledge and provide technical
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to think strategically
- Outstanding interpersonal communication skills
- Willing and able to travel globally for project work to Dyson’s non-UK locations if necessary
- Results-driven and assertive
- Able to guide and nurture business users
- Ethical, personal integrity
- Attention to detail without losing bigger picture
- Problem solver
Experience in supporting and driving a DevOps culture and building out capability
Experience with various practices including CI, CD, Microservices, Infrastructure as Code, Security as Code and Monitoring/Logging and containerisation
Experience with multiple Cloud offerings and OS
Scaled Agile Framework experience or other Agile scaling approach
Previous team management experience
Previous professional experience with one or more programming languages
Experience with large-scale applications and web e-commerce platforms
Strong troubleshooting and problem solving abilities
Proactively seeks opportunities to broaden and deepen knowledge base and proficiencies
- Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) experience and/or Magento 2
- SAP S/4, SAP CRM, SAP Hybris Commerce
- Knowledge of Java, Spring Framework, .NET
- Operational infrastructure experience
- Working within a scaled agile environment
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.