- Information Technology
- Poland - Krakow Office
At Dyson, we demand the highest standard of performance from the technologies we engineer. Our people expect the same from the technology that supports them. We are a community that appreciates and advocates better engineering. A community of pioneers.
Dyson IT are mid-transformation. Our aim, to create robust IT architecture, to manage data effectively and efficiently and continue to grow our world-class team. A team who is strategic, enabling business acceleration, growth and success.
Dyson’s Global IT applications service has end to end accountability for the design, delivery and support of all business applications enabling Dysons global commercial, operational and enterprise business process. Forming a large proportion of the IT Function, the team are arranged into investment areas including Owner Experience & Retail, Supply Chain, Manufacturing, Finance & compliance and People and collaboration.
DevOps in Dyson aims to shorten our SDLC and create CI/CD capability across all platforms. Through investment of time and resources, we will improve our culture and refine, or replace, our processes that combine software development and IT operations to deliver fantastic outcomes.
About the role
Reporting to the Head of Application Development, you will be responsible for:
Leading a team of DevOps specialists to own and manage technical solutions to support Dyson’s various platforms.
Ensure we have strategy, technology roadmaps and processes across all platforms to drive understanding and collaboration.
Perform the role of Lead DevOps Technical Product Owner and, through your team, develop and maintain backlogs across the Platforms for IT change.
Working with Development Leads, Technical Architects, Security and Operations to ensure the right solutions are developed and implemented successfully.
Working with cross-functional teams within a software practice ensuring that the work fed into, and processed through the development scrum teams is of the right technical quality.
Other duties as assigned
- Dynamic, self-motivated with a desire to produce the best solution possible
- Ability to learn quickly, and be flexible in the tasks and activities undertaken
- Ability to deliver under pressure whilst showing attention to detail
- Ability to show sensitivity to the wider cultural differences across Dyson globally
- Ability to develop in-depth business knowledge and provide technical knowledge
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to think strategically
- Outstanding interpersonal communication skills
- Willing and able to travel globally for project work to Dyson’s non-UK locations if necessary
- Results-driven and assertive
- Able to guide and nurture business users
- Ethical, personal integrity
- Attention to detail without losing bigger picture
- Problem solver
- Experience in supporting and driving a DevOps culture and building out capability
- Experience with various practices including CI, CD, Microservices, Infrastructure as Code, Security as Code and Monitoring/Logging and containerisation
- Experience with multiple Cloud offerings and OS
- Scaled Agile Framework experience or other Agile scaling approach
- Previous team management experience
- Previous professional experience with one or more programming languages
- Experience with large-scale applications and web e-commerce platforms
- High initiative
- Strong troubleshooting and problem solving abilities
- Proactively seeks opportunities to broaden and deepen knowledge base and proficiencies
- Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) experience and/or Magento 2
- SAP CRM, SAP Hybris Commerce
- Knowledge of Java, Spring Framework
- Operational infrastructure experience
- Working within a scaled agile environment
- Performance related bonus
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Sport card/MyBenefit
- Discounts on Dyson machines
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.