- Information Technology
- Poland - Krakow Office
At Dyson, we demand the highest standard of performance from the technologies we engineer. Our people expect the same from the technology that supports them. We are a community that appreciates and advocates better engineering. A community of pioneers.
Dyson IT are mid-transformation. Our aim, to create robust IT architecture, to manage data effectively and efficiently and continue to grow our world-class team. A team who is strategic, enabling business acceleration, growth and success.
Our Application Business Services Team
Dyson’s Global IT applications service has end to end accountability for the design, delivery and support of all business applications enabling Dysons global commercial, operational and enterprise business process. Forming a large proportion of the IT Function, the role would support the Commercial and Connectivity function encompassing eCommerce and CRM.
DevOps in Dyson aims to shorten our SDLC and create CI/CD capability across all platforms. Through investment of time and resources, we will improve our culture and refine, or replace, our processes that combine software development and IT operations to deliver fantastic outcomes.
Reporting to the Head of Delivery, you will be responsible for:
Leading a team of DevOps specialists, internal to Dyson or from 3rd parties, to own and manage technical solutions to support Dyson’s various platforms. Ensure we have strategy, technology roadmaps and processes across all platforms to drive understanding and collaboration.
- Perform the role of Lead DevOps Technical Product Owner and, through your team, develop and maintain backlogs across the Platforms for IT change.
- Working with Development Leads, Technical Architects, Security and Operations to ensure the right solutions are developed and implemented successfully.
- Working with cross-functional teams within a software practice ensuring that the work fed into, and processed through the development scrum teams is of the right technical quality.
Person specification / Core Competencies:
Dynamic, self-motivated with a desire to produce the best solution possible
- Ability to learn quickly, and be flexible in the tasks and activities undertaken
- Ability to deliver under pressure whilst showing attention to detail
- Ability to show sensitivity to the wider cultural differences across Dyson globally
- Ability to develop in-depth business knowledge and provide technical knowledge
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to think strategically
- Outstanding interpersonal communication skills
- Willing and able to travel globally for project work to Dyson’s non-UK locations if necessary
- Results-driven and assertive
- Able to guide and nurture business users
- Ethical, personal integrity
- Attention to detail without losing bigger picture
- Problem solver
Experience in supporting and driving a DevOps culture and building out capability
Experience with various practices including CI, CD, Microservices, Infrastructure as Code, Security as Code and Monitoring/Logging and containerisation
Experience with multiple Cloud offerings and OS
Scaled Agile Framework experience or other Agile scaling approach
Previous team management experience
Previous professional experience with one or more programming languages
Experience with large-scale applications and web e-commerce platforms
Strong troubleshooting and problem solving abilities
Proactively seeks opportunities to broaden and deepen knowledge base and proficiencies
Nice to have:
Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) experience and/or Magento 2
SAP S/4, SAP CRM, SAP Hybris Commerce
Knowledge of Java, Spring Framework, .NET
Operational infrastructure experience
- Performance related bonus
- Life Assurance
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Pension scheme with competitive employer contributions
- Recognition Program
- Holiday Allowance
- Free fruit delivered for office staff, free coffee and tea
- Cafeteria Benefit – wellness programme, cinema tickets, Multisport card etc.
- Dyson on-site canteen with discount meals for employees
- Medical: Employee cover + opportunity to buy additional cover for family
- Employee Assistance Program for employee and dependents
- Reimbursement for costs of eyeglasses (every 2 years)
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.