- Starting salary will be based on experience and credentials
- Creative, Marketing
- Chicago, IL, USA
As this is a regional role across all digital and direct marketing activities in US markets (based in Chicago) you will understand our brand, our philosophy and ethos inside out, and use this understanding to assess Dyson’s online experiences to ensure they are consistent with our global identity. You will work collaboratively with and report in to the Centre of Excellence Regional Creative Director US and Global Experience Design team in Group (Malmesbury UK) to ensure your market is delivering a consistent global Dyson message.
About the roleWe are looking for an experienced digital designer to take the role of US Digital Experience Lead. You’ll work within our US Centre of Excellence and closely with the Global Experience Design team to ensure Global assets are implemented correctly in online media that meet Dyson’s visual identity guidelines. You’ll be collaborating with brief owners, UX managers, project managers, internal design creatives and external production partners to adapt and localize global assets or create new digital assets to meet the briefs you are given. You’ll be designing and concepting, collaborating with UX about online interfaces that are optimized to suit the behaviors of the target audiences – whether it’s a product page or a full website, shaping the stories Dyson tells and the way in which it tells them.
You’ll be creating, reviewing and assessing digital design/UX/UI work from across the region for identity alignment and to ensure user journeys are delivering the right product message at each stage. You’ll be constantly optimizing assets for better performance; mixing data, audience insights, A/B testing and creative best practice to ensure Dyson’s content brings our technology to life in a way that resonates with our audiences. You’ll work closely with UX researchers to lead the team’s approach to test and learn driving continuous improvement.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Work closely with UX managers and project managers to turn wireframes into intuitive and user-friendly interface designs for a range of devices with emphasis on mobile
- Review digital work to ensure alignment with Dyson’s visual identity standards and that every stage of a user journey delivers the right message at the right time
- Present work to brief owners and stakeholders – articulating ideas and confidently defending proposals with reasoned and evidenced arguments supported by local audience insights
- On-going support for digital and direct asset creation and localization, including brand/category/product pages on owned digital space as well as e-retailer platforms, mobile pages, thematic e-commerce landing sites and promotional campaign pages
- Optimizing assets through real-time results tracking, A/B testing, focus groups, UAT processes, logic and task flows
- Able to turn local audience data into personas and map UX/UI experiences along a phased consumer journey
- Document executions with site maps, interactive elements, UI asset libraries and user journeys
- Help to build, lead and manage a Digital Production team capable of design sprints and agile scrum processes (Digital Demand)
- Help to build and promote best practice in research and contribute to the larger UX team and UX hub
- Feedback UX/UI insights, trends and opportunities that are relevant to Dyson
About youExperience Required:
- Demonstrable experience of designing and crafting high-quality digital assets.
- Appreciation of UX/UI principles and processes. From strategy/discovery to design and production.
- Visual presentations of complex projects in concise and accurate forms
- Ideally some knowledge of US market digital and e-commerce platforms: Ebay, Newegg and retailer owned sites
- Experience in developing localized versions of globally created brand assets – capacity to effectively trans-create whilst maintaining the integrity and intent of the original concept
- At least 7 years of experience in a digital design in and agency or equivalent role
- Ability to quickly develop an understanding of Dyson, its engineering ethos and visual identity and have good judgment as to what makes good Dyson communication and what doesn’t.
- Ability to question a brief and highlight key creative challenges or opportunities.
- Ability to work on multi-tasks, solve problems efficiently, and meet tight deadlines.
- Extensive knowledge of creative and UX/UI software tools, e.g. Sketch, Invision, Zeplin, Miro, Mockplus, Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, After Effects.
- Proficient in both written and spoken English.
- Relevant bachelor’s degree in user experience, interface design, digital design, multimedia or similar.
BenefitsAt Dyson, how we reward you is linked to our high-performance culture. But it’s about more than salary and bonus. Through a package of financial, lifestyle and health benefits, we support whatever stage of life you’re in and the moments that matter.
- 401K with up to a 4% match
- Company paid Life Insurance and AD&D
- Flexible Savings Account (FSA) and Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Competitive Paid Time Off Benefits including Separate Holiday, Sick, and Vacation Time
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefits (applicable areas only)
- Generous Child Care Leave Program
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Generous Dyson Product Discounts
- Health benefits:
- Multi-Level Healthcare Coverage Options
- Vision & Dental Coverage
- Company paid Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
Dyson is committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live. If requested, we will provide reasonable accommodation during the recruitment process for persons with disabilities. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. Dyson is an Equal Opportunity Employer. #LI-DYSON
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.