- United States - Chicago Office
Dyson is a global technology enterprise. We’re growing fast and our ambition is huge – more categories, more locations and more people. Dyson launched in the US in 2002, and since then operations have grown exponentially. Our US headquarters is based in Chicago's Fulton Market neighborhood. We also have employees working in field sales, our service centers, and in our growing number of Dyson Demo Store’s across the country.
Dyson has a regional creative department that brings to life the global approach to communication at the regional level and executes market-driven campaigns. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of our campaign team within the Center of Excellence for the Americas. The content created within the regions is data-driven, user-centric, always-on and relatable to consumers across the Americas – US, Canada and Mexico. Dyson is seeking a digital designer to contribute to the company’s site marketing activities.
About the Role:
The position reports into the Americas Creative Director, and requires someone who has exceptional digital design skills for web development as well as social and digital advertising campaigns.
You’ll work closely with the site merchandising team, media team, copywriters, and UX designers to design memorable experiences that engage audiences at any point in their journey across our Direct and controlled digital channels.
- Partner with Product Owners, the COE and UK Creative Teams to support the creative execution of our direct value propositions and enhancements online.
- Work closely with the UX Designer, Direct (.com) team, and Copywriter to creatively respond to site metrics, re-designing the site elements to test and learn the best approach to ensure a frictionless consumer journeys on owned and 3rd party sites.
- Bring a fresh perspective to the design digital experiences.
- Ensure all work is in line with Dyson brand values and follows the relevant brand & design guidelines.
- Demonstrate creative thinking that takes already established strategies and translates them into dynamic digital creative executions.
- Work with dedicated digital developers to ensure the execution of final design and interactions into build are understood and pixel perfect across all digital platforms.
- Confidently present your work with clarity to relevant stakeholders.
- Stay abreast of the digital landscape – explore ideas of advancements in technology and design, trends in social and connected products etc.
- Continuous development and honing of the technical abilities relevant to the role.
- 2-4 years’ experience of working as part of a wider team to deliver digital journeys, all of which is demonstrable through an excellent portfolio of past work for leading or interesting brands.
- Experience designing responsive digital content that works across different devices (mobile, tablets, apps), as well as a good understanding of which platform works best for any given requirement.
- Experience designing within 3rd party ecosystems such as Amazon.
- Big picture thinker with an understanding of how digital creative connects to other media channels and forms a joined-up, compelling customer experience.
- Eye for detail, composition and typography matter as much to you as they would a print designer.
- Understanding of information architecture, with the ability to demonstrate user interface design skills.
- Basic programming and development skills are an advantage in informing the work produced and facilitating the transition from design to build.
- Excited by all things art and design, taking inspiration from a wide range of sources, utilizing found images, mocked-up imagery and film, and mood boards to support thinking and add weight to ideas.
- Active contributor in group brainstorms who is comfortable expressing ideas, either informally, or in more formal presentations, both to peers and senior stakeholders.
- A Bachelor of Fine Arts in Design, Bachelor of Design, or Bachelor of Science in Design is desired.
At Dyson, how we reward you is linked to our high-performance culture. But it’s about more than salary and bonus. Through a package of financial, lifestyle and health benefits, we support whatever stage of life you’re in and the moments that matter.
- 401K with up to a 4% match
- Company paid Life Insurance and AD&D
- Flexible Savings Account (FSA) and Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Competitive Paid Time Off Benefits including Separate Holiday, Sick, and Vacation Time
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefits (applicable areas only)
- Generous Child Care Leave Program
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Generous Dyson Product Discounts
- Multi-Level Healthcare Coverage Options
- Vision & Dental Coverage
- Company paid Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.