- United States - Chicago Office
Dyson is growing. Fast. More products. New categories. More visual communications.
We are a creative technology company with a global and iconic identity. Our mission is simple: We solve problems others ignore with exciting new technologies which defy convention. Communicating with brevity and presenting ourselves in the right way is essential to protecting identity and building our hard-earned reputation. Every contact with our public and with other Dyson people, must reflect our values and philosophy. Perfectly.
As a Digital Designer, you’ll work within the US Centre of Excellence team to ensure that our creative assets are implemented correctly in online media that meet Dyson’s visual identity guidelines. You’ll be collaborating with brief owners, UX managers, project managers, internal creatives and external production partners to adapt and localise global assets or create new digital assets to meet the briefs you are given. You’ll be designing and concepting online interfaces that are optimised to suit the behaviours of the target audiences – whether it’s a product page or a full website, shaping the stories Dyson tells throughout the shopper journey. You’ll be constantly optimising assets for better performance; mixing data, audience insights, A/B testing and creative best practice to ensure Dyson’s content brings our technology to life in a way that resonates with our audiences. You’ll work closely with UX researchers to test and learn driving continuous improvement.
Overview – US CoE department:
The US COE is a “Global Headquarters in The Americas” central hub, reporting directly into Dyson Global Chief Commercial Officer and other key stakeholders. A core part of the CoE is the creation of market-relevant work, global adaptation of existing work, transcreation and visibility of all the marketing executions and communications going live across the region, ensuring we are speaking a consistent Dyson message globally.
As this is a regional role that supports the US, Canada and Mexico across all digital marketing activities (based in Chicago) you will learn to understand our brand, our philosophy and ethos inside out, and use this understanding to assess Dyson’s online experiences to ensure they are consistent with our global identity. This is a collaborative role that works within our Centre of Excellence Centre but with other departments including our Global Experience Design team in Group (Malmesbury UK) to ensure best practices are shared and consistent globally.
- Work closely with digital designers, UX designers and project managers to turn wireframes into intuitive and user-friendly interface designs for a range of devices with emphasis on mobile
- Create digital work that aligns with Dyson’s visual identity standards and that every stage of a user journey delivers the right message at the right time
- Present your work in team meetings – articulating the ideas and confidently defending proposals with reasoned and evidenced arguments supported by local audience insights
- On-going support for digital and direct asset creation and localization, including
brand/category/product pages on owned digital space as well as e-retailer platforms, mobile pages, thematic e-commerce landing sites and promotional campaign pages
- Optimising assets through real-time results tracking, A/B testing, focus groups, UAT processes, logic and task flows
- Document executions with site maps, interactive elements, UI asset libraries and user journeys
- Support our Digital Production team, capable of design sprints and agile scrum processes (Digital Demand)
- Help to build and promote best practice and contribute to the larger creative team.
- Demonstrable experience of designing and crafting high-quality digital design solutions
- Experience using content management platforms such as Adobe Enterprise Management or similar.
- Some knowledge of US market digital and e-commerce platforms: Ebay, Newegg and retailer owned sites
- Experience in developing localised versions of globally created brand assets – capacity to effectively trans-create whilst maintaining the integrity and intent of the original concept
- At least 3 years of experience in a digital design agency or equivalent role
Essential Skills / competencies:
- Ability to quickly develop an understanding of Dyson, its engineering ethos and visual identity and have good judgment as to what makes good Dyson communication and what doesn’t.
- Ability to question a brief and highlight key creative challenges or opportunities.
- Ability to work on multi-tasks, solve problems efficiently, and meet tight deadlines.
- Extensive knowledge of creative software tools, e.g. Sketch, Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign
- Proficient in both written and spoken English.
- Relevant bachelor’s degree in interface design, digital design, multimedia or similar.
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.