- Japan - Tokyo Office
Dyson is a global technology company on a mission to improve peoples’ lives; whether that be by engineering high performance technology to keep their floors and air clean – to patented beauty innovation to style their hair.
Dyson has a long history of innovation in Japan, from James Dyson’s first commercial vacuum cleaner (G-Force) to the latest Dyson Zone: the Headphone with Air-purification.
Japan is one of Dyson’s most successful global markets with ambitious growth plans. In the coming years Dyson Japan is set to significantly increase the direct to consumer business both physical and digital. Despite significant growth we are still entrepreneurial at heart and are all inventive and hugely passionate about what we do.
If you are an ambitious, innovative Omni-channel sales professional with relevant ecommerce experience who is looking to develop your career in a fast-paced, dynamic company then we would like to speak to you.
Direct Digital team:
Do you think differently? Dyson machines work differently to others, so those who sell them need to think differently too.
The Dyson Direct to consumer business encompassing both Direct Digital (Web| Marketplace) & Direct Physical (Dyson Demo | Customer Service) is accelerating with ambitious future commercial growth plans. To support this trajectory Dyson is building an ambitious and experienced team with the very best talent for the next phase of growth. As the Dyson Direct B2C business becomes more complex with plans for more channels and categories Digital Ecommerce Marketing Manager is now required.
About the role
As a member of the growing direct digital team, the Digital Ecommerce Marketing Manager will be the performance media expert, working alongside the Media team, Brand teams and our media agency to translate briefs into best-in-class performance media plans, focused on delivering our Direct E-commerce (Dyson.co.jp) sales targets. Daily, you’ll identify opportunities and optimise your existing plans to ensure we exceed our paid media revenue target and make sure conversion is maximised. You’ll balance investments across search, social, display, retargeting and affiliates to achieve maximum revenue.
- Develop and execute the performance media strategy for the local market, delivering audiences that are primed for efficient and profitable conversion on Dyson.co.jp. This will be delivered through a multi-channel approach across search (incl PLA), social, display, retargeting and affiliates.
- Work with our media agency on a daily basis, optimising and tracking our performance media execution, providing insights and recommendations to achieve media objectives / goals.
- Ensure appropriate measurement of performance media effectiveness against target, demonstrating media effectiveness and ROAS.
- Work closely with the Direct content team to understand and optimise customer journeys, while also monitoring SEO/user engagement to identify opportunities to improve performance.
- Project management and quality control of running media campaigns (new product launches, marketing promotions, brand campaigns).
- Media asset management from briefing into the creative team, to processing them to be run on media as planned.
- Manage day to day category budgets across media activities.
- Other associated duties as required.
About you (Skills & Experience)
- 5+ years digital marketing experience in either agency or client-side within relevant industry.
- Experience in working for conversion KPIs (sales units, revenue, subscriptions, instalment, etc)
- English - business level / Japanese - native level
- Excellent analytical and quantitative skills, a passion for metrics and quantitative analysis, and the ability to turn analysis into actionable programs
- Deep understanding of digital media ecosystem, biddable media platforms and strategies, ad tech and measurement tools and models.
- Comfort with technology, including the ability to understand key technical issues and their implications as well as to suggest alternative solutions
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; at ease when dealing with multiple stakeholders
- Demonstrable project management and collaboration skills to obtain the best results and / or problem solve.
- Flexible; comfortable with fast-paced environments where various things change daily and adjust to various needs
- Detail oriented and organized; plan and materials produced must be meticulously executed
- Objective driven; understanding the objective of the project/task and focusing to take actions that would help reach that objective.
- Problem solving; be able to critically and actively analyse situations, spot issues, and present viable solutions.
- Self-starter; taking initiatives, managing complex projects, finding scopes by self, picking up the ball attitude under ambiguity.
- Team worker; should be able to build strong and cooperative relationships, work cross-functionally with a wide range of people, and managing all stakeholders.
- Self-management: Proven ability to prioritize while multi-tasking a number of high-priority assignments.
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.