- Base + performance based bonus + competitive benefits
- Singapore - Singapore
Reporting to the APAC Senior UX Lead, you will be responsible for creating intuitive and engaging digital assets, website pages and user interfaces for Dyson direct channels and third party e-commerce sites across the region.
You’ll need to be familiar with the interface design of e-commerce sites like Tmall, WeChat, JD, Rakuten, Naver and Amazon, as you’ll be tasked to revise our online experiences with improved visual designs that are consistent with Dyson’s image and identity. You’ll always think mobile first, and working with the Senior UX Lead as well as Dyson’s digital teams in various markets, help to evaluate the user experience, wireframing better task flows and user journeys.
You’ll need to be comfortable in workshop
environments too, able to sketch up designs and then prototype working concepts
onto desktop and mobile devices. Occasionally you’ll also need to apply designs
into digital outdoor screens and retail environments.
And while you’ll be focused on UX+UI projects in partnership with a Senior UX designer, at a secondary level you’ll also work closely with other designers and copywriters on other projects like local marketing campaigns, digital banners, animations and social content.
As this is a diverse digital creative role you will have a lot of responsibility and scope including:
• Ensuring all work is aligned with Dyson visual identity guidelines.
• Evaluating and auditing the current Dyson e-commerce platforms, identifying strengths, weaknesses and opportunities for an improved user experience (including task flows, wireframes and site maps with the Senior UX Lead)
• Understand the UI requirements of each platform and the range of devices that consumers use to interact with them
• Create digital assets for local market campaigns including H5 mobile pages, website pages, banners and online advertising
• Conceptualising local marketing, product and promotional campaigns in collaboration with senior creative colleagues and project managers and providing support for their projects
• Identify emerging trends in interaction and interface design that Dyson should be considering for its online experiences and explore ideas of advancements in technology & design, trends in social and connected products etc.
• Work with third party developers, coders and production partners to produce finished deliverables. Oversee the work of these partners throughout the development phase.
First and foremost, you must have an eye for detail and layout and typography matters as much to you as it would to a print designer. You understand information architecture and can demonstrate user interface design skills. Basic programming / development skills are an advantage (but not mandatory) in informing the work you produce and facilitating the transition from design to build. A true ‘visual’ communicator, you’re excited by all things art and design and you find inspiration from a wide range of sources, utilising found images, mocked-up imagery and film, and mood boards to support your thinking and add weight to your ideas. Additionally you’ll have:
• Professional design experience crafting high-quality websites, mobile and/or app based solutions within a creative in-house or agency environment
• Experience designing a broad range of online marketing and/or social content
• Outstanding photoshop, sketch, illustrator, indesign, after effects skills and any other relevant UI/UX/prototyping software
• Presentation experience in mocking up designs in Powerpoint with rationales and annotations explaining design decisions
• Familiarity with APAC e-commerce portals like Tmall, JD, Rakuten, WeChat, Naver, etc
• English (primary) and a secondary APAC relevant language (Mandarin, Japanese, Korean)
• 3-5 years’ experience in the digital design / multimedia / ui / ux industry