- Johor Bahru - Malaysia
An exciting new job opportunity has arisen within the Dyson Finance Centre of Excellence to support the business in ensuring the accurate application of direct consumer payments. Data integrity is key in this role; you will be responsible for preparing accounting entries, supporting with detailed reconciliations, monitoring and escalating areas of concern and supporting the business in developing processes. Global best practice will be directly influenced and evolved based on findings identified in these processes.
This is a crucial role in achieving our business aspirations to grow our direct sales; you will have great exposure to Dyson in several key business areas and be responsible for payments from website, customer present and customer not present transactions across multiple markets.
About the role
- To contribute to the success of the business by ensuring receipts are accurately recorded, reconciled and the cause of any reconciling items/differences identified and resolved,
- Maintain maximum levels of data quality/integrity by quickly resolving and clearing reconciling items,
- Cultivate and maintain good working relationships with internal and external customers
- Preparing accounting entries for all direct payment methods,
- Reconciling the online electronic accounts to ensure integrity of available funds is maintained and reported; critically evaluating to highlight if funds are not being received,
- Assisting with reconciling card payments and refunds to invoices / credit notes for all direct payment methods,
- Assisting with reconciling and monitoring cash and cheque receivables for customer facing transactions,
- Support technical developments in direct consumer payments; recommend solutions based on reconciliation findings; participate in testing process enhancements; contribute to training and implementation as required,
- Perform SAP user acceptance & regression testing for direct consumer payment processes as required,
- Ensure compliance with General Data Protection Regulation requirements,
- Contribute to the creation and documentation of Global Best Practice processes for direct payments,
- Other project work as required.
- Preferably holds a Finance-related degree or working towards a professional qualification
- Experience of working within a retail environment, preferably in producing detailed reconciliations, or at least familiar with end-of-day processes
- Experienced in building relationships with both internal and external customers
- Numerate and accurate
- Strong Excel skills
- Previous SAP accounting experience desirable
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent analytical skills
- Proactive approach to problem solving
- Good prioritisation skills and able to work well under pressure
- Ability to work unsupervised/independently, cross functionally and using own initiative
- Team player
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills
- Ability to critically evaluate and highlight recommendations
BenefitsDyson Malaysia monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries, bonuses and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy generous leave, a transport allowance and medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.