- Project Management
- Bristol - United Kingdom
In 2015, 80% of Dyson’s business was full-sized vacuum cleaners. Today, its digital motor powered cordless vacuums, hair dryers, robots, Airblade hand dryers, bladeless fans, humidifiers, purifiers and heaters are powering its growth in 75 countries around the world. Last year saw the expansion of the personal care product range, with the Corrale hair straightener. Dyson is rapidly expanding; in its new and core categories, and across all of its global markets. The next four years are going to be Dyson’s biggest and busiest yet.
About the roleThe Product Owner for Payments is responsible for the payments experience across Dyson.com. Ensuring the right payment options are available for customers in markets globally is critical. With more focus than ever on growing the Dyson direct business, we must develop and maintain an edge on “reasons to buy direct” ensuring relevant instant, deferred and part-payment options are available to shoppers. Selling direct also gets us much closer to our owners, able to better support post-purchase as well as simplify future purchases.
As a Product Owner for Payments – you are responsible for the delivery of the payments backlog, being the voice of the customer, prioritising functionality and ensuring value is delivered, turning an idea into a fully fledged product. You will work in the Payments vertical scrum as well as with many third parties and other Dyson teams, especially IT, fraud and finance. You will ensure they are clear of their own accountabilities and responsibilities and delivering the highest quality and value.
As a Payments Specialist – you will grow your knowledge of what is out there in the payments-space, following trends on what will be the next “big thing”. It will be important to have your finger on the pulse, staying close to industry developments from new functionality to changes in payment legislation. An appreciation for how different payment types can impact fraud, logistics, reconciliation and many other parts of the process flow is a plus.
As an experienced Product Owner - you will feed into the payments product vision as well as take in demand from different Dyson Direct markets around the world. You will develop a product roadmap and maintain a backlog with clear business benefit, ensuring focus is on the “right thing”. You will develop and track your product against measurable and published KPI’s. Experience
About youAs a product owner you will have experience:
- Managing a backlog, prioritising stories in line with the product vision and value
- Working closely with UX teams to develop seamless user journeys and a premium customer experience
- Working with third-party development and operations teams
- Of industry tools to track KPI’s and enhance your product, ideally Adobe Analytics and Decibel
- Of website performance measurement and improvement
- Implementing new payment types of varying nature from wallets, to part-payment to entirely new payment gateways
- Familiarity with fraud, finance and supply chain considerations on payment types
- Knowledge of payment trends and shopper behaviour in one or more countries
What you’ll need to succeed:
- Strong track record of successfully delivering digital products
- Ability to make pragmatic decisions about business priorities in a fast-moving, complex environment
- Ability to manage challenging stakeholders at all levels
- A positive and impactful communicator with a track record of influencing and holding others to account
- Confidence to make clear and well-thought recommendations to influence decisions
- Comfortable speaking to technical and non-technical teams
- A drive to progress and support growth of the payments discipline at Dyson
- Be super passionate about the web, technology, fintech and customer experience
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.