- Hong Kong - Office
About the role:
- Deliver a vision and strategy to drive transformational growth on direct offline business
- Anticipate on changes in the retail landscape, shopper behaviour or competitors and develop a 360-degree business plan to ensure future profitable growth
- Collaborate closely with other functions such as marketing, finance, operation and supply chain to align your sales plan
- Deliver sales and profitability targets
- Deliver sales and gross margin targets in line with budget
- Agree, update, communicate and administer all areas of the promotional planning cycle
- Deliver an accurate twelve-month rolling forecast that accounts for sales trends, promotions, seasonality, distribution changes, new product launch and product exits
- Manage a promotional budget in line with forecasts and retail activity plan
- Understand profitability through the regular use of a retained margin tracker
- Align the organization to your stores and negotiation objectives, with an agreed timeline of deliverables
- Work out new store expansion plan based on company strategy, local retail landscape
- Execute new store opening plan from rental agreement negotiation, sales forecast, P&L approval, IT application, legal permission application, etc.
OTHER SUPPORTING ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Achieve the highest standards of execution for the DYSON brand in stores in line with Selective Distribution agreement
- Maximize shopper and consumer understanding through effective category management
- Communicate retail activity plan to the field team and provide the field with the necessary tools to guarantee high levels of execution
- Use data regularly from GFK and Field Sales or other potential tools/dashboards to improve compliance and in store standards
- Ensure that NPD roll out across the retailer is of a high standard
- Work closely with retail activation team to identify best locations for DYSON fixtures and to ensure ROI
- Deliver compelling, well thought through and inspiring presentations to the retailers
- Commercial – 3-5 years of hands-on sales experience managing and developing key accounts or direct stores.
- Proven delivery of sales results (managing existing accounts & developing new business) – independent sales responsibility for a consumer brand/distributor leading sales team in a territory for a mid-sized company.
- Better to have experience of leading new direct store opening, including location selection, rental negotiation, new store application presentation to top management, store opening execution after approval
- High level experience of key account/customer negotiations or distributor management.
- Consumer Goods background or technology sales background.
- Demonstrated ability of critical thinking and problem solving.
- Strong communication, influencing, and negotiating skills
- Excellent personal and business presentation skills.
- Decisive and excellent influencer.
- Self-starter who sees things to completion.
- Entrepreneurial flair.
- Energetic, engaging, and positive approach.
- Assertive, prepared to see through plans and overcome objections.
- Intelligent, quick-thinking, alert.
- Results driven.
- Excellent English with Cantonese and Mandarin.
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.