- Singapore or Malmesbury, UK, United Kingdom
About the roleTo be based in either the UK or Singapore, the Director of Global Legal Services will be responsible for leading the Legal Compliance & Ethics, Global Operations (Contracting and Commercial Law), Employment Law and Co Sec teams. You will be a member of Dyson’s Legal Leadership Team and will report to the Chief Legal Officer. You will establish Global Legal Services as a strategic business partner, entrusted and empowered to manage legal risk for the Dyson Group in the team’s field of operation. In particular you will:
- Set the strategic direction of the Global Legal Services team and establish an operating model in accordance with the departmental "golden rules" and also aligned to Dyson Legal and Dyson business Blueprint.
- Represent Global Legal Services to the senior executives across Dyson, building relationships with relevant departments and ensuring feedback is captured and acted upon across your teams.
- Deliver Global Legal Services consistently and to agreed service levels, continually seeking to improve efficiency and quality of service, with the aim of achieving best in class levels of performance.
- Ensure the team has the capabilities to succeed through a clear recruitment and succession strategy that defines criteria for any new roles and manages existing talent - identifying, developing, engaging, retaining and deploying talent in alignment with business and your team’s strategic objectives.
- Establish an open, empowered & engaging culture promoting a learning and development culture across the teams and the development of appropriate training tools.
- Support communication and effective collaboration across Dyson Legal to ensure a ‘one-team’ approach to the delivery of legal services.
- Ensure effective resource allocation across the teams so that each team is delivering in line with the strategy of Dyson Legal.
- Define the technology roadmap and delivery of complex and high value/high risk projects across Dyson Legal (in partnership with IT business Partners).
- Take a lead role in establishing a data-driven culture introducing tangible KPIs for Global Legal Services, plus mechanisms for measurement, that are used to measure performance and determine remuneration.
- Have responsibility for and management of the budget across Global Legal Services.
- Ensure material legal risks are escalated to the appropriate level and managed appropriately by the relevant team.
- Senior lawyer recognised as an expert in one or more areas within the remit of Global Legal Services.
- Inspirational leadership skills and excellent management capabilities.
- Proven ability to develop legal strategy and objectives.
- Proven ability to manage, resolve or diffuse difficult or sensitive situations with tact and professionalism.
- Proven ability to develop sustainable and effective networks inside and outside of Dyson.
- Credible sector knowledge to proven ability to anticipate business need and add value.
- Proven ability to think laterally with a track record of delivering business-focused solutions.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to innovate and bring fresh new thinking to situations.
BenefitsDyson monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.