- Design and Development
- Singapore - Technology Centre
Dyson is a global technology enterprise. We solve the problems others choose to ignore, with surprising new inventions that defy convention and simply work better. We’re driven by progress and thrive on the challenge of relentless improvement. We’re growing fast and our ambition is huge – more categories, more locations and more people
About the role
- You will be responsible for setting and delivering the Electronics Hardware strategy within the South East Asia region; providing a platform approach to electrical hardware and wiring system designs across the full range of Dyson products
- You will work very closely with Dyson’s Power Systems Director to support the development of enabling technology within our products.
- Ensuring that team members under your control are responsible for and capable of delivering high quality design solutions to aggressive and predictable timelines.
- Managing and motivating the cross-functional team leads to develop to time, cost and quality specification. An important part of this role will be role-modelling outstanding people leadership, including developing targets and KPIs to drive a high-performance culture within the function, as well as proactive performance and talent management of the people within your team.
- Support the resolution of issues and use the knowledge gained from this activity to drive continuous improvement within the Electronics function.
- Responsible for continuous improvement in design capability, process, safety, reliability, and quality.
- You’ll need to establish excellent communication links with your peers, Category VP’s and C level leaders within RDD to ensure problems are discussed in an open and mature fashion and a consistent, collaborative approach is applied to all elements of product development.
- Ensuring that all technical issues are well matched to the capability of the individuals within their teams.
- Ensuring that there are no fundamental or scheme related risks remaining in the tested design at each project Milestone.
- Responsible for the professional development of all individuals within your team. Monthly / quarterly meetings to discuss individual’s careers, technical and personal aspirations should be commonplace, and the focus must be on development rather than the immediacy of project delivery.
- Reporting ensuring clear communication of the design status, ensuring the relevant system electronics design risks are clearly communicated to your peers and upwards.
- Responsible for the strategic resource planning of the team to ensure the team has sufficient capability to deliver future projects.
- Master or bachelor’s degree in (Electrical/Electronics) or demonstrate at least 15 Years of working in this field.
- A desire for someone with a strong network of relationships with large chip suppliers.
- Demonstrable technical design experience with a considerable amount of time spent in a leadership position.
- Excellent stakeholder management to align with our product category directors and VP’s
- You will be an outstanding people manager, with demonstratable experience in managing and leading complex teams, nurturing talent and driving a high performance culture
- Must have the experience of successfully leading and managing multiple complex projects starting from design, prototyping through to mass manufacturing.
- You will possess strong commercial, operational and financial acumen
- Proven leadership in global organization and problem-solving ability, able to resolve conflict amongst cross-functional peers and act decisively to drive product development forward within a fast past and ambiguous environment
- Strong project / program manager skills.
- Demonstrable experience working in a multinational or global electronics company.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to work independently and effectively as a team.
- Preferably personnel specializing in Electronics, particularly in “Electronics” consumer environment.
- A proven leader, with a track record demonstrating an ability to manage complex internal and external interactions to the most senior levels.
- Communication. Clearly, concisely, and accurately represent activity.
- Proactively collaborates across functions and works effectively across boundaries.
- Team player, both in operating within the team, and the broader Dyson global organisation.
- Initiative. A self-starter, who is able to align with broad technical and commercial objectives, and turn this into strategies, plans, objectives, and positive results
- Flexibility. Able to adapt to the constantly changing environment that is inherent in this disruptive technology driven company.
- Process driven approach. Implements and maintains effective and efficient processes.
- Humility. Whilst the right candidate will be extremely competent, operating with humility and respect is key to establishing a collaborative, cohesive, and high performing team.
- Resilience. Responds to change and adversity positively. Seeks opportunity in situations which may initially seem negative
- Commitment and ownership. Dyson is a family owned business, which makes long term commitments to stretching technology challenges. The strongest candidates will want to be on this journey with Dyson, rather than ‘just doing a job’.
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.