- United States - Chicago Office
Dyson is a global technology enterprise. We’re growing fast and our ambition is huge – more categories, more locations and more people. Dyson launched in the US in 2002, and since then operations have grown exponentially. Our Americas headquarters is based in Chicago's Fulton Market neighborhood. We also have employees working in field sales, our service centers, and in our growing number of Dyson Demo Store’s across the Americas.
About the role:
Within a fast paced and high growth environment, lead the Total Rewards Team in the development and delivery of Centre of Excellence Reward support.
In this role, you will set and then drive the delivery of a Compensation, Benefits and Retirement strategy, while designing and executing appropriate policies and programs which effectively attract, retain, and engage our team to achieve the vision of the business. This team is also responsible basic employee questions and services. Holding onto the best people, and motivating them to deliver their best on an ongoing basis, is important to us at Dyson, as is finding them in the first place. Our Total Rewards team defines the pay, bonuses and benefits of our people across the world. They play a big role in ensuring Dyson people feel motivated, recognized, and cared for.
- Devise, develop and ensure effective implementation of reward strategy, specific resulting compensation and benefits plans and policies, guidelines, and systems. You will be a key figure in providing region-wide advice on all elements of reward including the annual reward cycle, a variety of incentive plans (including Sales and Retail), competitive pay practices, and our approach to benefits. Alongside the Global Head of Total Rewards and HR Operations, you will be critical in the development and execution of an effective reward strategy which helps the business achieve both its objectives now and in the long term.
- Manage a team of Reward specialists who are responsible for delivering HR Transactional activity and Centre of Expertise policies and strategy to Dyson Employees throughout their employment lifecycle.
- Responsible for the performance and delivery of these services to US, Canada and Mexico markets, with geographic expansion expected within Latin America.
- Drive effective customer relationships, internally and externally, and a thorough understanding of the organization's business requirements.
- Manage Policy documentation and approach via input from the necessary HR Teams, and third parties, to ensure policy and approach remains relevant and in keeping with legislative, technology, and process changes. Ensure trends and market practices are known and utilized so that the Total Rewards offering makes Dyson an attractive and competitive employer of choice on an ongoing basis.
- Drive continuous improvement in processes, practices, and technological solutions.
- Key stakeholder for development of HR systems, inputting to process and design solutions to ensure user experience is optimized and that the solutions deliver required outcomes or processes adapt to utilize the systems in the best way possible.
- Use people data analytics to drive vision and enable constructive business decisions.
- Developer of people : encourage and support the development the team, and provide opportunities to ensure engaged, empowered, productive people who deliver great value to the business.
- Strong technical skills to include MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Exceptional organizational skills and ability to work under pressure
- Able to prioritize high workload volumes and multitask where necessary
- Ability to meet fluctuating deadlines at short notice and willing to be flexible to reach deadlines
- Able to make sound decisions utilizing information and knowledge of HR systems and processes
- A motivator of others, able to lead a team and lead by example
- Efficient and results focused – a pragmatist
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Drive and enthusiasm to succeed, influence others
- Work well with highly sensitive data, confidential and displaying discretion
- Ability to build and maintain relationships at all levels including Executive
- Strong communications skills (written and verbal)
- A change agent and thought leader – challenging the status quo and delivering continual improvements
- Ability to adapt to changing business needs and environments
At Dyson, how we reward you is linked to our high-performance culture. But it’s about more than salary and bonus. Through a package of financial, lifestyle and health benefits, we support whatever stage of life you’re in and the moments that matter.
- 401K with up to a 4% match
- Company paid Life Insurance and AD&D
- Flexible Savings Account (FSA) and Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Competitive Paid Time Off Benefits including Separate Holiday, Sick, and Vacation Time
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefits (applicable areas only)
- Generous Child Care Leave Program
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Generous Dyson Product Discounts
- Multi-Level Healthcare Coverage Options
- Vision & Dental Coverage
- Company paid Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.