- United States - New York Remote
Dyson is a global technology enterprise. We’re growing fast and our ambition is huge - more categories, more locations and more people. Dyson launched in the US in 2002, and since then operations have grown exponentially. Our US headquarters is based in Chicago's Fulton Market neighborhood an additional office located in Ann Arbor, Michigan. We also have employees working in field sales, our service centers, and in our growing number of Dyson Demo Store’s across the country.
About the role:
- This is a full-time position with a schedule that is primarily Tuesday - Saturday and some holidays or as business dictates
- Critical Dyson US Field Sales partner for 3PL Agency Area Sales Managers assigned to Electrical retail doors within assigned territory
- Partner with, train, educate, assist, and collaborate with partner Agency Area Sales Managers with to train retailers and Experts, drive events, maximize sales, and provide consumers with a dynamic and premium brand experience
- Lead, manage and motivate Dyson Sales and Training Representatives to deliver results, provide impactful demonstrations, events (both physically in-person and virtual), and retailer support to elevate the brand presentation, increase brand awareness and drive sell through.
- Support retailers in-store by maximizing sales of in-stock merchandise, and driving customers to retailer e-Commerce platform(s) to capitalize on sales opportunities to drive conversion when customer selection is not physically in-stock
- Partner with Dyson Training Team to coordinate retailer and employee trainings to maximize education in Field at a Regional level
- At the direction of the Regional Sales Manager, partner with Dyson National Account Managers and Dyson Category Teams to align on strategy and tactics to increase sell through.
- Work with the Management Team to determine the most effective markets, where sales associates are needed. Partner with talent acquisition to support recruiting efforts
- Drive on-boarding and deliver in-field training by modelling superior selling skills
- Manage team performance through consistent feedback, coaching and corrective action as needed, documenting as appropriate
- Champion in store consumer interaction and represent all aspects of Dyson brand, culture, and passion for technology; work in-field with sales associates on weekends
- Effectively communicate expectations and results to foster continuous improvement through spot checks, conference calls, team meetings and trainings
- Develop relationships with retailers at the store, district and regional level to drive sell out
- Negotiate for preferred or incremental product placement within stores
- Seek opportunities to create events to increase brand awareness and sell out; manage and execute these events flawlessly
- Manage Dyson Sales & Training Representative’s schedules through online reporting system, ensuring they are aligned with national and regional initiatives
- Monitor and evaluate your direct reports sales performance at various retail locations.
- Ensure accurate feedback and reporting is being provided by sales associates in a timely manner.
- Track and maintain expenses according to set budgetary guidelines
- Attend regular sales meetings as required
- 2 years+ team management experience; retail sales team management a plus
- Depending on geographic requirements, ability to travel up to 75%, including overnights.
- Strong negotiation and analytical skills with professional business acumen
- Proven leadership skills including the ability to motivate, inspire and influence people
- Demonstrates good organizational skills with an ability to delegate and multi-task
- Strong communication, presentation and training skills
- Ability to build strong business relationships
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Driver’s license with good driving record in line with company policy
- Ability to lift, push, and pull (potentially overhead) up to 35lbs
- Ability to stand on your feet for up to eight hours at a time
- High School Diploma or GED required; Bachelor’s Degree preferred
At Dyson, how we reward you is linked to our high-performance culture. But it’s about more than salary and bonus. Through a package of financial, lifestyle and health benefits, we support whatever stage of life you’re in and the moments that matter.
- 401K with up to a 4% match and additional discretionary 2% Profit Sharing
- Company Paid Life Insurance and Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D)
- Flexible Savings Account (FSA) and Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Company Paid Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Generous Dyson Product Discounts
- Competitive Paid Time Off including Separate Holiday, Sick, and Vacation Time
- Wellness Program
- Pre-Tax Commuter Benefits (applicable areas only)
- Generous Child Care Leave Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Multi-Level Healthcare Coverage Options
- Vision & Dental Coverage Options
Dyson is committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live. If requested, we will provide reasonable accommodation during the recruitment process for persons with disabilities. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. Dyson is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.