- Starting salary will be determined based on experience and credentials
- Customer Service
About the roleThe District Service Manager supports the Dyson Service network by managing all sales and service activities in a defined region responsible for P&L responsibilities, oversight of Dyson Service centers, accountable for all key KPI service levels of both internal and 3rd party service providers in the defined region. Duties will include direct supervisor of onsite staff, providing onsite training, assuring policy adherence, and remote technical support to the defined region. This Position reports to the Field/DSC Manager. This position requires 85% travel. Based away from the Dyson office this position should be based in the Plains Market.
- Meet or exceed Key performance indicators including but not limited to P&L performance, promoter scores and service efficiencies within a defined region.
- Collaborate with site and leadership teams to ensure best practices at Service locations are met at all times.
- Motivate, develop, and improve the performance of your region by providing clear expectations, delivering performance feedback, and follow-up.
- Provide recommendations and lead action plans to improve customer service and operational effectiveness.
- Work closely with functional teams, leadership and central operations to support training and staff within Service Centers on forecasting, ordering, and daily cycle count to ensure appropriate inventory levels are met.
- Provide coverage at Dyson Service Centers when needed in times of coverage gaps or there is a high volume of repairs to be completed.
- Assist at Service Centers when needed in the scheduling, coordination, and ensuring efficient coverage is met.
- Interview, train, and retain top talent throughout the Service Centers
- Partner with the Safety and Service Training Lead to ensure that Dyson’s Iconic customer service expectations are executed throughout all Service Centers
- Maintain effective business protocols are being followed including but not limited to policies, procedures, safety, store appearance, and operations.
- Regularly lead and participate in Service Center and Leadership meetings.
- Clearly communicate opportunities for improvements and action plan to resolve them to the Field/DSC Manager
- Submit Weekly reports on Service activities within region
- Timely submission of travel itinerary information and company expense reporting
- Ensure proper support materials are available to service partners
- Ensure 3rd party service locations fit within Dyson Brand and support the Dyson Consumer support experience
- Support 3rd party service locations with technical questions
- Provide Technical Support of fault diagnosis and proper repair/troubleshooting direction to repair network via both Phone and email on a timely basis
- Provide real time feedback on Technical support issues to support Technical Service Team in improving customer service quality and product reliability opportunities.
- Capture and report any emerging product reliability and safety issues
- Support Field/DSC Manager in evaluating needs and opportunities to best support Dyson consumer repairs in region.
- Assist DSC Field Operations Manager in supporting new product training
- Assist DSC Field Operations Manager in evaluating ongoing training needs
- Ensure all process activity is communicated and Dyson service levels are understood and exercised.
- Assist Field/DSC Manager in investigation escalated repair instances
- Assist Field/DSC Manager in managing National partner relationships within region.
- Actively pursue any opportunities to deliver better customer service
- Actively pursue any opportunities at cost savings or revenue generation
- Relish the opportunity to pick up new activities that fall broadly in the purpose of this role.
- 4+ years Product Training experience preferred
- Retail environment experience preferred
- Sales/Account management experience preferred
- High School Diploma or equivalent required, Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Basic Electrical knowledge required
- Basic Mechanical knowledge required
- Experience in position with heavy travel requirements preferred
- Experience managing P&L functions
- Ability to understand the Dyson brand and uphold its integrity
- Strong presentation skill required
- High level of computer literacy including intermediate level experience with Microsoft Office
- Self-motivator with strong ability to work independently/remote required
- High level ability to troubleshoot product faults and provide proper resolution
- High level of customer service orientation required—a desire to help or serve others, to identify and meet their needs
- Ability to manage P&L functions required
- Ability to manage staff required.
- Strong ability to crunch numerical data to create action plans required
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- A meticulous approach to planning and organizing including a proven ability to prioritize tasks and meet strict deadlines
- Proven ability to build and maintain strong relationships with people at all levels of a business
- Ability to demonstrate a sense of urgency when identifying areas of opportunity and executing plans to improve upon them.
BenefitsAt Dyson, how we reward you is linked to our high-performance culture. But it’s about more than salary and bonus. Through a package of financial, lifestyle and health benefits, we support whatever stage of life you’re in and the moments that matter.
- 401K with up to a 4% match
- Company paid Life Insurance and AD&D
- Flexible Savings Account (FSA) and Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Competitive Paid Time Off Benefits including Separate Holiday, Sick, and Vacation Time
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefits (applicable areas only)
- Generous Child Care Leave Program
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Generous Dyson Product Discounts
- Multi-Level Healthcare Coverage Options
- Vision & Dental Coverage
- Company paid Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
Dyson is committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live. If requested, we will provide reasonable accommodation during the recruitment process for persons with disabilities. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. Dyson is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.