- Customer Service and Inside Sales
- United States - Phoenix Service Center
Dyson is a global technology enterprise. We’re growing fast and our ambition is huge – more categories, more locations and more people. Dyson launched in the US in 2002, and since then operations have grown exponentially. Our US headquarters is based in Chicago's Fulton Market neighborhood. We also have employees working in field sales, our service centers, and in our growing number of Dyson Demo Stores across the country.
About the role:
The District Service Manager supports the Dyson Service network by managing all sales and service activities in a defined region responsible for P&L responsibilities, oversight of Dyson Service centers, accountable for all key KPI service levels of both internal and 3rd party service providers in the defined region. Duties will include direct supervisor of onsite staff, providing onsite training, assuring policy adherence, and remote technical support to the defined region. This Position reports to the Sr. Manager of Repair Experience. This position requires 85% travel. Based away from the Dyson office this position should be based in the Western Market.
MAIN ACCOUNTABILITIES AND SUPPORTING ACTIVITIES
- Meet or exceed Key performance indicators including but not limited to P&L performance, promoter scores and service efficiencies within a defined region.
- Collaborate with site and leadership teams to ensure best practices at Service locations are met at all times.
- Motivate, develop, and improve the performance of your region by providing clear expectations, delivering performance feedback, and follow-up.
- Full leadership responsibilities for Dyson Service Center employees in your assigned region.
- Provide recommendations and lead action plans to deliver and improve Dyson brand level customer service, experience and operational effectiveness.
- Work closely with functional teams, leadership and central operations to support training and staff within Service Centers on forecasting, ordering, and daily cycle count to ensure appropriate inventory levels are met.
- Provide coverage at Dyson Service Centers when needed in times of coverage gaps or there is a high volume of repairs to be completed.
- Assist at Service Centers when needed in the scheduling, coordination, and ensuring efficient coverage is met.
- Interview, train, and retain top talent throughout the Service Centers
- Partner with the Safety and Service Training Lead to ensure that Dyson’s Iconic customer service expectations are executed throughout all Service Centers
- Maintain effective business protocols are being followed including but not limited to policies, procedures, safety, store appearance, and operations.
- Regularly lead and participate in Service Center and Leadership meetings.
- Clearly communicate opportunities for improvements and action plan to resolve them to the Sr. Manager of DSC Field Service
- Submit Weekly reports on Service activities within region
- Timely submission of travel itinerary information and company expense reporting
Manage relationship with 3rd party service locations within Region
- Ensure proper support materials are available to service partners
- Ensure 3rd party service locations fit within Dyson Brand and support the Dyson Consumer support experience
- Support 3rd party service locations with technical questions
- Provide Technical Support of fault diagnosis and proper repair/troubleshooting direction to repair network via both Phone and email on a timely basis
- Provide real time feedback on Technical support issues to support Technical Service Team in improving customer service quality and product reliability opportunities.
- Capture and report any emerging product reliability and safety issues
- Support Sr. Manager, DSC Field Service in evaluating needs and opportunities to best support Dyson consumer repairs in region.
- Assist DSC Field Operations Manager in supporting new product training
- Assist DSC Field Operations Manager in evaluating ongoing training needs
- Ensure all process activity is communicated and Dyson service levels are understood and exercised.
- Assist Sr. Manager, DSC Field Service in investigation escalated repair instances
- Assist Sr. Manager, DSC Field Service in managing National partner relationships within region.
- Actively pursue any opportunities to deliver better customer service
- Actively pursue any opportunities at cost savings or revenue generation
- Relish the opportunity to pick up new activities that fall broadly in the purpose of this role.
- Ensure self and teams are serving as the embodiment of Dyson values and brand experience.
- 4+ years Product Training experience preferred
- Retail environment experience preferred
- Sales/Account management experience preferred
- High School Diploma or equivalent required, Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Basic Electrical knowledge required
- Basic Mechanical knowledge required
- Experience in position with heavy travel requirements preferred
- Experience managing P&L functions
- Ability to understand the Dyson brand and uphold its integrity
- Strong presentation skill required
- High level of computer literacy including intermediate level experience with Microsoft Office
- Self-motivator with strong ability to work independently/remote required
- High level ability to troubleshoot product faults and provide proper resolution
- High level of customer service orientation required—a desire to help or serve others, to identify and meet their needs
- Ability to manage P&L functions required
- Ability to manage staff required.
- Strong ability to crunch numerical data to create action plans required
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- A meticulous approach to planning and organizing including a proven ability to prioritize tasks and meet strict deadlines
- Proven ability to build and maintain strong relationships with people at all levels of a business
- Ability to demonstrate a sense of urgency when identifying areas of opportunity and executing plans to improve upon them.
- An innovative yet objective thinker
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.