- Project and Programme Management
- Singapore - Technology Centre
The Dyson Institute of Engineering and Technology is unlike any other higher education institution. Our Undergraduate Engineers work alongside the Global Engineering team from day one. They are responsible for live projects, all while studying for their engineering degree and earning a competitive salary.
Dyson Global IT
At Dyson, we demand the highest standard of performance from the technologies we engineer. Our people expect the same from the technology that supports them. We are a community that appreciates and advocates better engineering. A community of pioneers.
Dyson IT are mid-transformation which includes DWS taking responsibility for all IT support to our estates programme. Our aims are, to create robust IT architecture, to manage data effectively and efficiently and continue to grow our world-class team. A team who is strategic, enabling business acceleration, growth and success.
Our Digital Workplace Services Team
The Digital Workplace Services Team in which this role is aligned exist to:
- Deliver world class Service Desk, End User Computing, Collaboration, Estates, Legal and HR IT Services to Dyson’s global employees (circa 16,000 users)
- Ensure ITIL aligned governance and standards are followed
- Drive continual improvement into the Digital Workplace services space in line with Dyson’s growth
- Deliver a roadmap for all Digital Workplace services to drive transformation required to support Dyson’s blueprint
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with the business, ensuring regular communication of service requirements, service improvements, risks, service changes, service outages and service issues
Reporting to the Head of Digital Workplace Programmes and Projects but with close alignment with the APAC Regional IT Director you will be responsible for:
- Leading and managing the DWS APAC Estates Programme with oversight and governance for all end to end IT support to estates projects
- Working with PMO maintaining a high-quality project management methodology (both Agile and Waterfall - depending on project)
- Ensuring all aspects of change (both business and technical) are managed and implemented through the lifecycle of each project, working with other IT teams and business functions as necessary
- Contributing to transforming Dyson Digital Workplace IT Services into a strategic function through ensuring IT programmes and projects are structured, well planned and executed globally
- Ensuring all programmes and projects within your control are delivered to a high standard and to approved time, cost and scope as per the business case
- Ensuring strong business stakeholder management through governance processes and standard particularly in the estates area
- Managing the key interdependencies within the wider IT roadmap, BAU releases and those external to IT
- Representing DWS interests, standards and specifications in projects delivered by other areas of IT or the business specifically estates projects
- Working with the Head of Digital Workplace Programme and Projects to manage changes in roadmap direction, scope, costs, resources and timing
- Effectively owning and managing all project and programme risks and issues for your allocated area
- Leading on the creation of business cases for your programme with clear evidence of return on investment in line with the approved business
- Manage a team of IT Project Managers and organising well organised 1:1s, team meetings, quarterly, six monthly and end of year appraisals
- Supporting Dyson IT to lower its delivery costs and be cost effective in every way through overseeing the budget management for all assigned projects and reporting monthly LE to Head of Digital Workplace Programmes and Projects
Person specification / Core Competencies:
- Outstanding interpersonal communication skills up to Exec level
- Strong leadership abilities
- Powerful change agent – clear evidence and experience of delivering large scale estates transformation projects
- A visionary with a proven track record in strategic planning, individual/team development and service delivery
- Possess solid matrix management skills and an ability to manage large scale global teams and global project delivery across a similar sized organisation to Dyson
- Good knowledge of programme and project management methods including APM, Agile and PRINCE2
- Good knowledge of Planview to work with PMO to build good practice
- Practical execution of change management
- Advanced risk management
- At least 8 years’ experience of Estates IT Programme and Project Management (e.g. experience working with stakeholders outside of IT in relation to the construction and fit out of new office space eg General Contractors, M&E Consultants, Cabling contractors, AV providers etc) in relation to new office builds or office relocations
- A proven record in large scale, transformational and complex delivery programmes
- In depth knowledge and experience of all stages of the project and programme lifecycle, including development of business cases, mobilisation of programmes
- Experience in managing offshore/remote teams
- Ability to develop a strong programme team, potentially across multiple organisations and locations
- Strategy formulation
- Organisational design, business change management / communication planning
- Budget management and financial reporting
- Business case development and benefit realisation
- Experience in leading complex and large value tender / vendor selections.
- Ability to lead an engagement with a client
- A Bachelor’s or advanced degree preferred or equivalent experience
- Experience of working for a consultancy or other professional services organisation
Dyson Singapore monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
Our vision is to become the best engineering university in the world, which develops the engineering leaders of the future. Our values reflect our heritage and are aligned with the broader Dyson group: Different. Authentic. Pioneering.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.