- Canada - Ontario Remote
Dyson Expert (In-Store Sales Associate) - Ottawa, ON
Dyson is a global technology enterprise. We’re growing fast and our ambition is huge – more categories, more locations and more people.
Dyson launched in Canada in 2006 with our headquarters in the heart of Toronto, where we’ve been recognized as one of the top employers to work for. In recent years, we’ve grown exponentially and expanded our reach with employees working in field sales and our growing number of Dyson Demo Store’s across the country.
At Dyson, we sell by demonstrating. Our Experts, Stylists and Retail Strategy and Operations team are Dyson advocates who know our technology inside out and are excited by it. They are the face of Dyson, connecting our world-leading and pioneering technology with shoppers and owners.
Are you dynamic, passionate and eager to represent an International Technology Brand? We are looking to grow our Expert Team and would love to hear from you…
Our approach is unique - it is all about the experience for our potential owners. Our team of Experts are confident and knowledgeable. They understand the importance of consultation and ensuring that customers are well informed and are guided to select the right product to solve their problems. When shoppers have the right product for their needs, they are excited to share their experience with others - that’s what we are looking for! Join our exciting team to learn more about how you can contribute to a winning team!
About the Role
- Provide the ultimate shopper experience in an engaging and well-informed professional fashion
- Understand the shopper’s needs through discovery and consultation to identify the appropriate products to address their needs and desires
- Act as the in-store representative for all Dyson products
- Educate Retail Sales Associate partners and shoppers on specific product features and benefits on various technology
- Perform operational duties such as visual merchandising, maintaining display cleanliness, replenishing stock, and other related activities
- Demonstrate values and behaviours consistent with Dyson’s culture
- Perform other duties, as assigned
- As this role includes a sales-based bonus program, you must be able to achieve or exceed personal sales and productivity standards
- Minimum of 2 years of in-person retail selling experience
- Experience working with technology and prestige luxury brands an asset
- Ambitious and self-motivated sales individual who exudes charisma and confidence
- Proven track record of successful sales experience, exceeding quotas
- Ability to stand for long periods of time, up to 8 hours
- Ability to work retail hours (standard, peak, holiday) including a minimum of three (3) days/week including every Saturday/Sunday
- Ability to transport demonstration equipment/supplies to and from assigned location(s) and the ability to travel within a defined territory
- Ability to lift, push, and pull up to 50 lbs
- Ability to work well with others and establish strong relationships within Dyson Canada Ltd as well as with our third-party retail partners
- Strong negotiation skills combined with adaptable approach to selling
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated, able to work independently and understands when to seek guidance
- Comfortable with computer skills in Microsoft suite of products including Word, Excel, Teams, Outlook as well as the ability to use an iPad and corresponding applications
At Dyson, how we reward you is linked to our high-performance culture. But it’s about more than salary and bonus. Through a package of financial, lifestyle and health benefits, we support whatever stage of life you’re in and the moments that matter.
- Competitive hourly wage and regular annual reviews
- Sales-based pay for performance incentive program
- Regular sales contests & initiatives
- Participation in the Dyson Demonstration Equipment Program
- Opportunity to participate in the Friends & Family purchase program
- Clothing allowance
- Employee Referral Program
- Employee Assistance Program
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.