- Australia - Castle Hill Homemaker Centre Demo Store
Dyson is a global technology enterprise. We solve the problems others choose to ignore, with surprising new inventions that defy convention and simply work better. We’re growing fast and our ambition is huge – more categories, more locations and more people.
About the role:
Dyson have an ambitious expansion plan to evolve to a model where 80% of our sales are through direct & controlled channels, to do this we are opening our very first Dyson retail stores.
The first ever in ANZ concept store will open next month in our Castle Hill Homemaker Centre.
It will be experiential and interactive, providing the opportunity for us to demonstrate our technology and explain how our machines work and why they’re the best.
Our Dyson stores will provide a touch point for our owners throughout their journey as a Dyson owner, delivering an exceptional experience through the repair and service of machines, along with education for owners to achieve the best possible outcome each time they use a Dyson machine.
The main purpose of the role is to deliver outstanding retail experiences that fascinate shoppers through the presentation and demonstration of our machines.
Reporting to the Store Manager, our experts are responsible for both sales and experience. In Dyson we say that our products are bought, not sold. That doesn’t mean we don’t sell anything, what is means is that we get to know our customers, we understand their needs, we give a 5 star service and with every purchase we strive to make the customer’s life easier and better.
- Deliver hands on demonstrations with our customers, showcasing the unique benefits of Dyson products across the Floor Care, Environmental Control, Personal Care and Professional categories
- Taking personal responsibility for achieving individual and store-based KPIs
- Proactively approach customers in store, question and generate interest around Dyson products that are suited to their individual needs
- Maintain a high standard of visual merchandising in your area, always looking for opportunities to increase Dyson in-store presence and reporting and display machine issues or fixture maintenance requirements
- Build strong relationships with store management and staff, ensuring consumers are directed to the Dyson brand even when you are not present
- Achieve a standard of excellence in our work processes and outcomes, ensuring adherence to Dyson policies and all relevant regulatory and legal requirements
- Previous customer service and sales experience
- Experience within a premium retail environment is advantageous
- An understanding of retail principles such as visual merchandising and sales targets
- A keen interest in technology with the ability to communicate how machines work differently
- High standards of personal presentation
- A confident approach and a friendly, engaging manner
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to communicate complex information simply
- Determination, passion and drive for results
At Dyson, our people are at the heart of everything we do. We value you bringing your whole self to work – your authentic you. We believe that diversity and an inclusive team is what sets us about and brings about great ideas, innovation and growth.
You will be joining at the start of our expansion plan which gives people a great opportunity to shape something really special and grow with us. Also, working with an award winning Global Technology provides great opportunities to learn completely new approaches and empowers our team members to take ownership of their careers.
Career Progression. Opening new locations and stand-alone stores will create new career opportunities across the world. Our team drive their own career, as we expand into new markets and new technology you don’t know what you could be doing next or where your career will take you.
Outside of a competitive hourly rate package, our team members receive impressive product discounts, additional paid annual and personal leave and extensive and ongoing learning and development opportunities.
We have a vibrant and diverse culture that is geared towards recognition and realising ambition.
You’ll also have regular social activities to take part in and you’ll work with a fantastic team of people every day. Innovation is in our DNA and we are excited to adopt new ways of doing things differently, and better.
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.