- United Kingdom - Malmesbury Office
Last year we released the latest chapter in our fast-expanding direct to consumer retail approach, introducing advanced virtual reality technologies to enable our customers and owners to experience and test Dyson technology hands-on from their own homes using a VR headset.
Our Dyson Demo VR application allows customers to trial, test and understand Dyson’s products in an immersive, virtual environment. The technology used draws on many of the same visualisation and simulation technologies our engineers use to prototype, test and develop new products and software in our labs. This enhanced customer experience brings the best of the physical, offline world together with the convenience and dynamism of the virtual world.
But we’re not just investing in VR, virtual reality is part of a much broader eco-system of technologies we are utilising to bring our machines closer to our owners. VR allows us to create a Dyson world for shoppers to visit, but we are also using augmented reality to bring Dyson technology into their world.
We are now looking for an E-Commerce Innovation Manager to build on these foundations, to lead the innovation agenda and drive the expansion of content and features across both VR and AR.
About the role
Whether enhancing our current VR & AR applications or driving new innovations, your role will be hands-on. Working with a multi-discipline team of talented Dyson people, you’ll identify new opportunities, shape requirements, build, test & scale new innovations. You will obsess about our Shoppers and Owners ensuring everything we build is data driven, bringing a benefit to the end user.
Reporting to our E-commerce & Retail Innovation Director, you will define and shape the investments we are making in new retail technologies. You will define the strategy and roadmap for Virtual & Augmented Reality, focusing on both innovations we can deploy today while ensuring we are creating foundations for long term success. You will be naturally curious about technology and constantly seek out new ways we can create useful and engaging experiences for our shoppers and owners.
We want you to own and lead the relationship with our existing technology partner to create and deliver exceptional experiences, whilst identifying new technology partners to deliver innovations and experiments at pace. You will work with internal teams and key stakeholders (e.g. tech leaders, designers, developers and QA) to use Dyson content in new immersive and engaging ways, outlining deliverables and delivering based on business priorities. You will run workshops with internal and market stakeholders to define and analyse requirements.
- An ‘owner first mindset’, focussed on how initiatives and technologies enhance our owner experience
- Demonstrable experience and understanding of the Unity development process, AR technologies, development for Oculus and other leading VR platforms, digital and e-commerce, agile scrum
- A positive, inspiring and impactful communicator, with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Influential, confident, pragmatic, highly organised, fast paced, commercial, with good numeracy and analytical
- Passionate about new technology and customer experience
- Performance related bonus scheme
- Competitive pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Discounts on Dyson machines and retail discounts
- Free bus travel to and from campus (from Bristol, Chippenham and Swindon)
- 27 days’ holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Free on-site lunches, fruit and hot drinks
- Free on-site sports centre, gym, hair-salon, lifestyle assist (concierge)
- Electric vehicle salary sacrifice scheme
- Ability to purchase additional holiday
- Private medical insurance and dental insurance
- Employee assistance programme, digital GP, prescription service, fertility treatment support
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.