- United Kingdom - Bristol Office
Dyson is a unique technology enterprise. We pioneer. Our biggest category today didn’t even exist a few years ago. We are focused on solving the problems that others have ignored; solving them first using our technology and ingenuity. In order to achieve this, we need to pioneer technologies that are different and authentic. This is the core of what we do and who we are.
We’re growing – fast. The ambition for our eCom business is huge. As eCom Director you will be accountable for setting and delivering the long term eCom vision for the market and delivering the weekly, monthly, and annual KPI’s for both the market and eCom Channel.
Description of the role
At Dyson our Owner is central to everything we do. Your role will make sure that owners are getting fantastic experience, every day on our eCommerce platforms. You’ll lead teams to ensure our sites are perfect and have the right plans to hit our ambitious targets. You are expected to work closely with a network of colleagues across marketing, supply, finance, and IT based in the market and both regional and global colleagues as you do this.
You will lead the strategic direction and delivery of the digital commerce and broader GB business. You will work closely with a network of digital, marketing, supply, finance and sales colleagues based in Dyson’s global head office, as well as throughout your local market team.
Dyson is a fast paced and agile company. The below is an example of your main accountabilities but is not a complete list.
- Set and deliver the strategy and direction for Dyson eCommerce in the market and lead cross functional teams to execute this.
- Business and P&L Management: Work with partners across the business to deliver annual, quarterly and weekly targets. Identifying opportunities and putting in place to plans to deliver against these.
- Driving operational, data-based excellence in the eCom team: Ensuring you and your team are leveraging all functionality on site, delivering perfect brand building and commercial merchandising all grounded in data and analytics.
- Team Management, build, nurture and enable a high performing team. Manage poor performance as needed.
- Business Planning: Either directly or via your team you’ll deliver inputs into Dyson’s annual and monthly business planning cycle- forecasting, budget planning, in month estimates etc.
- Lead team member in the market Sit as part of leadership team in setting the broader business vision, work with other team members to bring this to life.
- Owner Experience: Ensure owners are getting a fantastic experience in every digital interaction with Dyson on both our owned website and on 3rd party.
- Group/ Regional Project Ownership: As needed work with regional team on delivery of multi market projects and initiatives playing a broader leadership role in the EMEA eCom community
- Optimise eCom Equation: Lead a team and work in partnership with marketing on the right traffic plans for the business across paid, owned and earned, ensuring we’re driving conversion with people on our website and manage content & consumer journeys to optimise AOV.
- Be voice of eCom business to senior stakeholders; highlighting performance and areas help is needed.
Skills & Competencies
- Ability to drive sales and lead commercial agenda in an eCommerce business. Additional skills in App Commerce, CRM, performance media and product ownership are beneficial but not essential.
- A team leader and people manager, experience managing and leading complex teams, nurturing talent and managing poor performance as needed.
- Navigate matrixed organisation and influence stakeholders across different parts of Dyson.
- Strategic Thinker: proven ability to set and implement digital strategy, leading a team as you do so in balancing long term vision with short term deliverables.
- Comfortable with complexity, pace and change: Ability to react quickly to make changes based on latest market trends and dynamics.
- Significant experience in commercial roles- Sales, Marketing and eCom experience, ideally in premium branded products or in retail is preferable.
- Strong communicator: Able to clearly communicate technical issues in a simple laymen’s terminology.
- Keen eye for detail particularly within a digital setting
- Has a bias for action and to get things done with a positive attitude.
- Fluent in English, an additional EMEA language is beneficial
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.