- Quality and Reliability
- Malmesbury, United Kingdom
Dyson is a global technology enterprise. We solve the problems others choose to ignore, with surprising new inventions that defy convention and simply work better. We’re growing fast and our ambition is huge – more categories, more locations and more people.
A growing team, already crucial, the New Product Quality Function within the Global Quality team offers considerable scope for an individual eager for personal growth and wanting to assist in evolving and developing a team in a fast paced, exciting and challenging environment. This is a unique role combining electronic, systems and supplier quality.
About the role
Our Electronics Associate Principal Quality Engineer will be our subject matter expert within the global quality team, in the disciplines of Systems and Electrical Engineering. You will be responsible to provide focused influence on upstream research and development projects. Implementing strategies to prevent market issues arising from sources within both Dyson and its supply partners. You will need a proven record in educating and acting as a functional expert, ensuring effective process and design decisions are made. Your role will be pivotal within the global quality to support technical challenge across a diverse and complex range of systems and products across Dyson`s development portfolio.
- Promote cultural awareness of quality led best practice in electronics hardware, software and systems engineering process. Review, influence and facilitate where necessary.
- Assure and set quality standards for both software and hardware development process. Ensure robust electrical engineering principles are applied.
- Set appropriate value add metrics to drive quality focused behaviours in all electrical engineering teams.
- Influence the creation of strong systems architecture and related requirement definition across all electronics systems and sub-systems.
- Assure the application of appropriate risk assessment process such as the use of system, functional and software FMEAs.
- Work alongside development teams to ensure effective definition of verification strategy from complete system through to unit acceptance test.
- Mentor and guide Quality team members in electrical engineering theory and analysis.
- Act as the focal point for electronics supplier assessment and selection.
- Degree with a preference to Electronics, Software or Systems Engineering or similar discipline or equivalent experience
- Demonstrable experience in electronics engineering in either a development or quality focused capacity.
- Broad technical strength across hardware and software development.
- An open and co-operative approach, empathetic of others with a pleasant and collaborative outlook. A team player.
- Patient with a mentality that thrives in fluid, dynamic and often unstructured environments.
- Ability to change priorities quickly, delivering simultaneously across projects of different priorities and pace.
- Excellent communication skills able to convey ideas simply to a diverse audience. A confident presenter of complex technical subject matter.
- Ideally qualified quality management system lead auditor in ISO 9001, VDA 6.3 or equivalent.
- Practical knowledge of quality assurance and problem-solving methodologies (E.g. 8D, 6-Sigma, Kepner Treygoe, SPC, DoE) would be an advantage
- Working knowledge of statistical sampling, audit techniques, test method validation and PPAP planning would be desired.
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.