- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
This is what we need you to do...
The Advanced Electronics Engineer will be working with engineers from many disciplines on multiple R&D projects. They will be able to work independently; planning their tasks and delivering sub-systems that meet the requirements set out by the technical lead.
Advanced Electronics Engineers in the Sensors Team design, build and test of sub-systems including multiple types of sensor or actuator. They use their broad knowledge of hardware and software to develop prototypes and then take these designs into production.
About the role
In your first year, you will…
· Be challenged to solve complex problems in novel ways
· Work as part of a team of engineers from a variety of disciplines
· Provide hands-on technical expertise debugging complex hardware and software problems
· Deliver a sensor design using the Sensors Team process
This is what we need you to have...
· A good degree in a relevant discipline (e.g. Electronics Engineering, Physics)
· Some previous experience working on the design, implementation and testing of electronic systems
· Excellent analogue and digital electronics fundamentals
· Excellent communication skills verbally and in writing
· Proficiency in at least one of the major schematic capture and layout packages
· Embedded firmware capability in C
· Modelling and analytical skills in MATLAB, Python or similar
· Experience with embedded MCUs and of implementing at least one
· Analogue circuit design techniques
· Knowledge of sampling theory and digital filters
· Knowledge of physics and a passion to apply it to smart technology
· Take ownership of assigned tasks and ensure they are completed according to the appropriate process
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.