- Design and Development
- Singapore - Technology Centre
Dyson is a global technology enterprise. We solve the problems others choose to ignore, with surprising new inventions that defy convention and simply work better. We’re growing fast and our ambition is huge - more categories, more locations and more people
About the role:
Dyson solves the problems others choose to ignore, developing disruptive technologies requiring even more complex electronics to deliver an increasing product portfolio. We are growing fast, and our ambition is boundless – more products, more locations, and more people.
The Electronics Engineer role involves specification, design, and test of the electronic circuits for new and pioneering consumer appliance products within Dyson’s Haircare category. As a member of the RDD Global Hardware – Haircare Electronics Team based in Singapore Technology Centre, you will work in multi-disciplinary global project teams to develop and deliver the electronics for Haircare products.
- Design and develop power electronics, analogue/digital, and microcontroller-based electronic circuits for new Dyson Haircare products.
- Working in a team under the direct supervision of Senior Engineer: performing circuit design and analysis tasks for new designs
- Working with PCB layout engineers and technicians; participating in design reviews; performing laboratory testing and design verification.
- Specifying and performing design verification tests on new PCBA designs.
- Recording and documenting your work to a high standard as defined by the Dyson engineering framework.
As an Electronics Engineer you will have at least a bachelor-level degree in a discipline which contains a significant focus on electronics engineering. Preferably you will have some experience of the design and development of electronics PCBAs in a professional industrial setting.
- Degree qualified in a relevant electronics discipline.
- Preferably some exposure to working in an electronics design and development for PCBA environment.
- Knowledge of technical rigour in the aspects of power electronics, system control, battery management, thermal management, analogue/digital and sensing technology.
- Experience using simulation tools to support design calculations, tolerance analysis, and documentation.
- Experience with standard electronics laboratory and test equipment such as oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzer, AC source, power meter etc.
- Working knowledge of schematic capture and PCB layout software such as Mentor Graphics.
- Highly motivated and self-driven with good communication skills, and team working experience.
Dyson Singapore monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriat
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.