- Design and Development
- Singapore - Technology Centre
Dyson is a global technology enterprise. We solve the problems others choose to ignore, with surprising new inventions that defy convention and simply work better. We’re driven by progress and thrive on the challenge of relentless improvement. We’re growing fast and our ambition is huge – more categories, more locations and more people
About the role
- Design, develop and implement specific solution for home appliances products using a range of electronics technologies
- Ensure design solutions meet product specifications and functional requirements (performance, reliability, DFM, cost and serviceability, compliance with international regulatory standards e.g. IEC, UL and EMC)
- Prototypes and implements new product design including analog and digital hardware and embedded software
- Produce detailed engineering materials including design schematics, PCB layout, Tolerance analysis, design notes, FMEA, Failure analysis report and technical review documents.
- Work with motor, mechanical, approval and test engineers to ensure product and system requirements are fully met.
- Assist manufacturing engineers to achieve design for manufacturer concept and optimal for high volume production environment
- Identify and warn of technical risks throughout the product life cycle. Investigate these risks through to resolution with testing and analysis as required
- Develop test methodology and conduct/drive electronics design verification & product validation test.
- Support reliability and quality engineers in field return analysis, quality and reliability improvement
- Involve in supplier audit to qualify and manage electronic components.
- Drive suppliers and contract manufacturer’s production process to meets Dyson requirements.
- Responsible for the management of the team’s plans to deliver to project deadlines
- Provide technical coaching and design guidance to engineers
- Involve in electronics development process improvement activities
- Bachelor Degree in (Electrical/Electronics/Telecommunication ) or equivalent.
- At least minimum 3 years experience, preferably personnel specializing in design and development of Electronics Hardware circuits and system
- Design knowledge and experience in major aspect of Electronics: Power Electronics, Motor control, High Speed Electronics, Analogue, Digital and sensing technology with its interfacing (magnetic, optics, etc )
- Have understanding on Embedded microcontroller based platforms, such as 8-bit/16-bit/ARM Cortex microcontrollers
- Working Knowledge of Schematic capture, PCB layout software such as Mentor Graphics
- Experience using simulation tools to support design calculations, tolerance analysis and documentation
- Sound understanding in end to end Electronics development with specific focus on Hardware design and integration
- Sound Knowledge in Home Appliance Safety Requirement / Standard will be an advantage
- Full PDLC management experience/track record
- Experience in EMC troubleshooting is essential
- Knowledge in Wiring design will be an advantage
- Experience is Design QA, DFM, DFX, DFMEA is essential
- Capable to deliver high quality results within tight time deadlines.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to work independently and effectively as a team.
- Highly motivated person with good communication skills and able to work within a team
- Independent, Integrity and self driven with a strong focus on results
- Possess a strong command of written and spoken English
Dyson monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.