- Johor Bahru - Malaysia
About the role
- Delivery of Electronics Product Assembly: All relevant hardware & software must be delivered on time, on spec and on cost.
- Resolution of Current Product Safety, Reliability & Quality Issues: Appropriate resource must be allocated from the relevant assembly or technical area as and when issues arise. The resulting learning must be used to drive continuous improvement and increasing knowledge within the team.
- Continuous Improvement: A key element of the assembly-based structure is the retention and development of knowledge. This increasing knowledge must be used to drive increased performance, reduced development timescales, increased reliability and reduced product cost whenever possible.
- Communication: Strong communication links must be developed with both the Design Managers and the other Engineering Managers to ensure problems are discussed in an open and mature fashion and a consistent, collaborative approach is applied to all elements of product integration.
- Balance Innovation with Historical Success: electronics managers should identify the most appropriate usage of existing parts in future projects. This will ensure that product innovation is managed where it adds the most value and is balanced against the benefits of reduced investment costs, reduced timelines, reduced risk and increased reliability. A key measure of success is to avoid our past mistakes of ‘reinventing the wheel’.
- Resource Management: Within each team the manager must ensure that all of the technical issues are well matched to the capability of the individuals within their team.
- Global Collaboration in Project Development: Proactively collaborate within the global HW and engineering community to define and plan the project development strategy for the respective category based on the business range plan
- Professional Development & Mentoring: Each manager is responsible for the professional development of all individuals within their team. Monthly meetings to discuss individual’s careers, technical and personal aspirations should be commonplace, and the focus must be on development rather than the immediacy of project delivery. Clear, achievable development and learning options should be identified and followed through to completion.
- Reporting: Each manager is responsible for clear communication and project status, ensuring the relevant risks and priorities are clearly communicated to the category leadership team and upwards.
- At least 5 years of technical work experience; must have the experience of successfully leading and managing at least one complete project (for electronics devices) starting from design, prototyping through to mass manufacturing.
- Master or bachelor’s degree in (Electrical/Electronics/Communication) or equivalent.
- Proven leadership (managed direct reports) and problem-solving ability.
- Go the extra mile to do his / her work; is self-driven and self-reliant to achieve design excellence. Both a team player and independent worker.
- Experience working in a multinational or global electronics company.
- Design knowledge and experience in major aspect of Electronics: Power Electronics, Motor control, Battery management, Analogue, Digital and sensing technology with its interfacing (magnetic, optics, etc ).
- Working Knowledge of Schematic capture, PCB layout software.
- Experience using simulation tools to support design calculations and documentation.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to work independently and effectively as a team.
- Highly motivated person with good communication skills and able to work within a team.
- Independence, Integrity and self-driven with a strong focus on results.
- Preferably personnel specializing in Engineering, particularly in “Electronics” environment.
- Fluent in spoken and written English.
- At least 5-7 years of working experience in the related field.
- Familiar with Microchip, Freescale, Renesas and Atmel 16/32-bit microcontroller products and their general use.
- Familiar with Matlab, MathCAD, SIMetrix simulation software to support design calculations and documentation.
- Working Knowledge of Mentor Graphics Design Capture and Expedition PCB.
BenefitsDyson Malaysia monitors the market to ensure we offer competitive salaries, management bonuses and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy generous leave and medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are only the start of a career at Dyson. Leadership support and new opportunities abound, driven by regular dialogue and international training. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to progress, innovation and realising ambition.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.