- Design and Development
- Singapore - St James Power Station Headquarters
Dyson solves the problems others choose to ignore, developing disruptive technologies requiring even more complex electronics to deliver an increasing product portfolio. We are growing fast, and our ambition is boundless – more products, more locations, and more people.
About the role
Manage new part/assembly/module sourcing activity, including; requirements capture, sourcing and selection, qualification, validation and compliance.
Support RDD engineering teams to generate the modules outsourcing requirements
Work with New Product Development (NPD) teams to ensure the integrity and clarity of engineering drawing requirements, ensuring that all expectations are communicated effectively to supporting suppliers.
Work closely with supplier, electronics engineer and approval team to make sure part/assembly sourced is compliant with required compliance certification.
Undertake part/assembly failure analysis, promoting cross-functional team approach with electronics engineers.
Support a number of associated activities as a technical resource or SME.
- Degree qualified in a relevant electronics discipline.
- At least 2 years of experience in electronics hardware design and development engineering.
- Working knowledge of schematic capture and PCB layout software such as Mentor Graphics.
- Knowledge of technical rigour in the aspects of power electronics, battery management and thermal management.
- Experience creating technical documentation such as Specification, technical drawings, System block diagrams, etc.
- Experience with standard electronics laboratory and test equipment such as oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzer, AC source, power meter etc.
- Experience in EMC troubleshooting is essential
- Good commercial awareness with pragmatic approach to balance cost and value with quality and reliability
- Capable to deliver high quality results within tight time deadlines.
- Excellent communication, problem solving and analytical skills
- Candidates with proficiency in Mandarin would be preferred as this role is required to liaise with suppliers in China and Taiwan.
Dyson Singapore monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.