- Project and Programme Management
- Singapore - St James Power Station Headquarters
The Electronics Project Management function is responsible for managing delivery of increasingly complex electronics systems into an expanding product portfolio. The Electronics Project Manager is responsible for the integrated end-to-end delivery of hardware, software and application/cloud solutions into Dyson products. The ideal candidate will have project management experience complimented with technical and leadership background; be comfortable working globally at an engineering level as well as managing and communicating at senior levels.
About the role
- Manage electronics hardware and software delivery in projects utilising the appropriate systems, processes and resources to facilitate an optimal delivery from concept through end of life. This will include identifying, managing and mitigating the projects risk and issues, and agreeing accountabilities and responsibilities with the wider project team
- Coordinate and communicate project scope, identify dependencies and deliverables, and understand the critical path to secure timely project delivery.
- Lead electronics engineering teams through the execution of projects, accurately and regularly reporting progress, including representing the project at various project, programme and product reviews.
- Work with electronics engineering management, create resource plans to determine demand and manage project resource allocation.
- Identify, manage and/or escalate as appropriate, issues impacting electronics ability to meet delivery commitments.
- Define, assess and track the impact of change requests, ensuring all stakeholders understand and agree resulting implications.
- Manage progress, analyse, collate & report project status and data from a cost, time, spec perspective.
- Degree qualified (electronics engineering or science discipline preferable) or equivalent. PMP certification or MBA would be a plus.
- A track record of 5+ years technical project manager position within an engineering environment with a solid understanding of Electronics hardware and software, covering full product lifecycle.
- A strong background in product development in global engineering organisations.
- Effective communicator with excellent interpersonal skills to manage stakeholders confidently via data-driven justifications.
- Comfortable managing projects in a fast moving and dynamic environment.
- Experience of working in agile developments (for example SAFe), using tools such as the Atlassian suite, would be an advantage.
- Demonstrates understanding of planning, both top down and bottom up, scheduling, risk and issue management and resource allocation procedures.
- Experience of working in a regulated industry to ISO certification QMS standards are preferred.
Dyson Singapore monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.