- Project and Programme Management
- Singapore - Technology Centre
Dyson is a global technology enterprise. We solve the problems others choose to ignore, with surprising new inventions that defy convention and simply work better. We’re driven by progress and thrive on the challenge of relentless improvement. We’re growing fast and our ambition is huge – more categories, more locations and more people
About the role
The Electronics Project Management function is responsible for managing delivery of increasingly complex electronics systems into an expanding product portfolio. The Electronics Project Manager is responsible for the integrated end-to-end delivery of hardware, software and application/cloud solutions into Dyson products. The ideal candidate will have project management experience complimented with a technical and leadership background; comfortable working globally at an engineering level as well as managing and communicating at senior levels.
- Manage electronics hardware and software delivery in projects utilising the appropriate systems, processes and resources to facilitate an optimal delivery from concept through end of life. This will include identifying, managing and mitigating the projects risk and issues, and agreeing accountabilities and responsibilities with the wider project team
- Coordinate and communicate project scope, identify dependencies and deliverables, and understand the critical path to secure timely project delivery.
- Lead engineering teams through the execution of projects, accurately and regularly reporting progress, including representing the project at various project, programme and product reviews.
- Working with engineering management, create resource plans to determine demand and manage project resource allocation.
- Identify, manage and/or escalate as appropriate, issues impacting electronics ability to meet delivery commitments.
- Where deviations from agreed plan arise, take ownership and drive to resolution.
- Define, assess and track the impact of change requests, ensuring all stakeholders understand and agree resulting implications.
- Manage progress, analyse, collate & report project status and data from a cost, time, spec perspective.
- Identify and manage stakeholders, resolve conflicts, empower and inspire teams.
- Act as the primary contact for the project both within Electronics and the wider Dyson.
- You will be expected to identify and drive improvement opportunities to both engineering and project management processes
- Work independently, with minimal guidance.
- Degree qualified (Electronics engineering or science discipline preferable) or equivalent.
- A track record of technical project management within an engineering environment with a solid understanding of Electronics hardware and software, covering full product lifecycle.
- A strong background in product development in global engineering organisations desirable but not essential.
- A formal, or working towards, Project Management qualification (e.g. APM PMQ) would be advantageous.
- Effective communicator: ability to convey complex subject matter and issues clearly, concisely, and accurately.
- Excellent interpersonal skills: ability to build productive working relationships across the business.
- Excellent analytical skills: able to assess problems thoroughly and drive logical and evidence-based conclusions.
- Confident: comfortable interacting with senior executives and presenting a robust, high-level summary, backed by data.
- Credible: ability to demonstrate a good level of understanding of engineering processes in order to work with design teams throughout the project development cycle.
- Self-motivated: able to resolve conflict, inspire teams, mentor peers.
- Balanced: ability to shape project direction without imposing their own views or prejudices on the outcome.
- Ability to balance several tasks at any one time and communicate progress and concerns in a timely manner.
- Comfortable managing projects in a fast moving and dynamic environment.
- Experience of working in agile developments (for example SAFe), using tools such as the Atlassian suite, would be an advantage.
- Experience of working in distributed development model would be desirable, for example, outsourced development.
- Demonstrates understanding of planning, both top down and bottom up, scheduling, risk and issue management and resource allocation procedures.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate. #LI-DYSON
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.