- Design and Development
- Malaysia - Development Centre
Dyson solves the problems others choose to ignore, developing disruptive technologies requiring even more complex electronics to deliver an increasing product portfolio. We are growing fast, and our ambition is boundless – more products, more locations, and more people.
About the role
- Assist engineers as they create, modify, and test products and processes. This includes rig/jig setup, wiring and troubleshooting.
- Support on PCBA prototype fabrication and integrate the prototype into the product.
- Support engineers in safety compliance related tests like open/short test, salt mists testing & others.
- Support the electronics team in verifying & troubleshooting numerous electronic circuits in Dyson products in particular, measurement of electrical parameters and test setup / monitoring.
- Conduct PCBA inspection for part approval according to inspection checklist.
- Perform tests, collect data, build and set up equipment.
- Operate and maintain equipment (including 5S) used for testing. This includes performing preventive maintenance & calling for repairs.
A minimum of Diploma in Electrical/Electronic Engineering is required, reinforced with practical engineering experience, and preferably has experience working in R&D electronics environment
Good practical skills in electronics engineering.
An ability to execute a test independently, from setup to result reporting is necessary.
A good level of literacy and numeracy is needed together with analytical and problem-solving skills.
Proficiency in using Microsoft Office is required with particular emphasis on the use of Excel for recording results that can be graphically demonstrated.
Good at communicating at all levels and able to work in a self-motivated way as well as in a team.
Familiarity in the operation of electronic test equipment.
Good Soldering Skills.
Basic electronics schematics reading and troubleshooting skills
Dyson Malaysia monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.