- Motors and Power Systems, Electronics, Research Engineering
- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
- Developing simulations and algorithms for data processing, modelling and analysis.
- Experience with gas and PM sensing technology.
- Responsible for characterising of sensor performance, define and implement measurement techniques and methods, as well as the evaluation and interpretation of data.
- Basic knowledge to analyse the lab / field data of the device to fine tune the performance.
- Ensuring designs can comply with relevant EMC/EMI standards and modifying designs when needed to ensure this is the case.
- Undertaking the thermal management design of electronic systems where applicable.
- Building demonstration rigs to convey ideas to others.
- Producing software to exercise hardware.
- Producing detailed hardware designs (both analogue and digital hardware).
- Reviewing relevant papers, patents and meeting with companies to keep informed of emerging sensing technologies.
- Researching various sensing, user interface and microcontroller technologies.
- Responsible for Dyson's requirements for next generation optical/ hyperspectral, gas, PM, position, humidity, pressure sensors and cloud logging application.
- Working and manage relationships with different product teams to gain an in depth product understanding, while using knowledge of the latest technologies to create innovative electronics systems and solutions.
- Work on technology development for future products of Dyson.
- Education and experience:
- BEng/MEng degree in Electronic Engineering, or other relevant discipline, or a demonstrable level of industrial experience in a relevant industry.
- Technical knowledge:
- Applicants should ideally have experience in the following areas:
- Digital hardware design:
- Excellent general knowledge of microcontrollers, preferably including ARM Cortex M series.
o Knowledge of a wide range of serial interfaces (e.g. I2C, SPI, UART, USB, I2S).
o Knowledge of memory devices is desirable e.g. NAND, NOR, SRAM, DDR etc.
o Experience of application processors.
o Experience of FPGA design.
- Analogue hardware design:
o Experience of analogue amplification and signal conditioning circuitry.
o Design of Op-Amp stages such as differential amplifiers, integrators etc.
- Software: o Experience of C/C++ programming for embedded systems.
o Use of Matlab or Python for data acquisition, analysis and automation of rigs.
o Digital signal processing experience.
- Design Tools:
- Schematic capture using Altium Designer, Mentor Graphics or other main stream tools.
o Use of SPICE based simulation tools such as Simetrix and LTspice.
o Design calculation tools such as Mathcad and Microsoft Excel.
- Design Techniques:
o Circuit simulation and design tolerance analysis.
o Good quality engineering process understanding and appreciation.
o Device selection - Interpretation of datasheets and knowledge of design methods to confidently select the lowest cost devices while achieving reliability targets.
- Lab experience
o Experience of working in a laboratory environment
27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
Performance related bonus
Free on-site parking
Subsidised café and restaurants
Discounts on Dyson machines